No announcement yet.

What's In A Pic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The first time my ex-husband came to my house my mum (having ascertained he wasn't the carpet fitter who was also expected that day) came and said to me "he's very tall and he has a briefcase." Think she was impressed.

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
      Late....70's
      Pre-punk?

Comment

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
        The first time my ex-husband came to my house my mum (having ascertained he wasn't the carpet fitter who was also expected that day) came and said to me "he's very tall and he has a briefcase." Think she was impressed.
        Did he have his lunch in the briefcase ?
        The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Did he have his lunch in the briefcase ?
          Cheek - he'd been at college

Comment

Cheek - he'd been at college
            Was it pigskin ?

Comment

• Originally posted by cogito View Post
              They say... if you can remember the '60s you weren't really there.
              lol...I was a bit young for that kind of memory loss. My dad was a farmer...I probably pestered him to take me with him....

Comment

You must have been very young......
                I was about 10 years old Katie...

Comment

Pre-punk?
                  yes..

Comment

• Originally posted by barefoot View Post
                    I was about 10 years old Katie...
                    Young to be on a demonstration
                    Oh just read your post above about your dad being a farmer. Where was that?

Comment

Young to be on a demonstration
                      They were farmers...more of a march I'd say...Dublin back then was a different place Katie.

Comment

• More about the march.
                        The Irish Independent’s front page on this week 50 years ago carried a stark headline about the jailing of 19 farmers and a Government threat to proscribe the National Farmers’ Association (NFA — the predecessor of the IFA).

Comment

They were farmers...more of a march I'd say...Dublin back then was a different place Katie.
                          I suppose it must have been more rural on the outskirts then. I would have been 3 in 1966 and my earliest memories of Dublin are of Cabra and Finglas and going to a seaside, I don't know which one. I do remember cows going past my aunt's house on the railway track in Cabra.

Comment

I suppose it must have been more rural on the outskirts then. I would have been 3 in 1966 and my earliest memories of Dublin are of Cabra and Finglas and going to a seaside, I don't know which one. I do remember cows going past my aunt's house on the railway track in Cabra.
                            They used to graze cows in Phoenix Park.....there would be hundreds of them.....and shit everywhere on the football pitches...

Comment

They used to graze cows in Phoenix Park.....there would be hundreds of them.....and shit everywhere on the football pitches...
                              I remember that, who owned the cattle Dinny ? Doubt if they were cows...who would milk them..

Comment

I remember that, who owned the cattle Dinny ? Doubt if they were cows...who would milk them..
                                A lot were owned by local politicians who were also farmers....free grazing one of the perks

Comment

Working...
                                X