Changes to Dublin Bus route 40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes to Dublin Bus route 40

This weekend Dublin Bus introduced some changes to the 40. The route has been extended from Finglas village to Charlestown. As a result the route no longer serves the old terminus on Jamestown Road beside "The Full Shilling". It also means that "Finglas" no longer appears on the destination display on the front of a bus.
    Yesterday I went to Finglas to see the old terminus and travelled to Liffey Valley on the route, where I also photographed a departure to Finglas. Then today I went into town to see the new destination on the front of a bus. Pictures below:

SG 165 Finglas 18/03/17 by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

Finglas 18/03/17 by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

SG 165 Liffey Valley 18/03/17 by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

SG 165 Westmoreland Street 19/03/17 by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

Enjoy!

Originally posted by Csalem View Post
    This weekend Dublin Bus introduced some changes to the 40. The route has been extended from Finglas village to Charlestown. As a result the route no longer serves the old terminus on Jamestown Road beside "The Full Shilling". It also means that "Finglas" no longer appears on the destination display on the front of a bus.
    Yesterday I went to Finglas to see the old terminus and travelled to Liffey Valley on the route, where I also photographed a departure to Finglas. Then today I went into town to see the new destination on the front of a bus. Pictures below:

SG 165 Finglas 18/03/17 by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

Finglas 18/03/17 by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

SG 165 Liffey Valley 18/03/17 by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

SG 165 Westmoreland Street 19/03/17 by Cathal O'Brien, on Flickr

Enjoy!
    Brilliant pix Csalem - thanks for sharing.
    UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

From yesterday, Routes 40 and 40b have a revised timetable which will improve service, reliability and punctuality.
      UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

When I was a kid we would let several number 40 buses go by in Parnell Street Terminus waiting for our 40A to come in order to save not having to walk another few hundred yards to the top of Cappagh Road . lazy little b*****ds we were . The 40B used to go to some place called Dubber Cross and to this day I dont know where that was/is .

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
            When I was a kid we would let several number 40 buses go by in Parnell Street Terminus waiting for our 40A to come in order to save not having to walk another few hundred yards to the top of Cappagh Road . lazy little b*****ds we were . The 40B used to go to some place called Dubber Cross and to this day I dont know where that was/is .
            The 40b goes to toberburr & it's not a regular service at all.
            UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

drove by it about 2 weeks ago on the way back from Ratoath via the scenic route

Comment

Used to be a row of old cottages at the top of McKee Avenue - it's all new roads up there now.
                Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
                  Used to be a row of old cottages at the top of McKee Avenue - it's all new roads up there now.
                  How dare they get a big swanky bus just for that kip ?

Comment

Saw a no 40 idling outside the drake Inn yesterday. Thought it was odd as they are not meant to stop there anymore.
                    UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzieq View Post
                      Saw a no 40 idling outside the drake Inn yesterday. Thought it was odd as they are not meant to stop there anymore.
                      The driver was probably having a Jimmy Riddle.

Comment

Not in the Drake, he wasn't... been closed about ten years.
                        Everything is self-evident.

Comment

It was a long one.......

Comment

Lol that's a good one.

There are plans to redevelop the site where the drake is. Saw that snippet of news on Noel rocks newsletter which came in my letterbox a few weeks ago.
                            UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

That would'nt stop anyone

Comment

Working...
                              X