Enda gone by the end of next week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quinner View Post
    I believe it was used in many America Movies.......James Cagney comes to mind among others......I heard it used in Birmingham (by an Irishman) in the not too distant past

A statement I have heard in my early teens in Dublin......''Yer hyer with gamp has a gimp''
    So , am I right in recalling that we would say that someone has a gimp ? did you remember the use of that word in that context Joe ?

Comment

Enda Kenny has been given days to resign as Taoiseach or he will face a motion of no confidence in his leadership early next week.
      UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
        So , am I right in recalling that we would say that someone has a gimp ? did you remember the use of that word in that context Joe ?
        Yes bo.....It was also used to describe a false limp or even a false attitude.....

''swinging the lead'' could be gimping though not described in that way.....

I think it was more of a throw-away remark in Dublin.....Sort of a ''ger-away-wit-ye''....
        Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
          Prediction caps on ...... who'll take the baton , me thinks Varadkar .
          Yep... most likely.
          Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
            Prediction caps on ...... who'll take the baton , me thinks Varadkar .
            I agree varadkar would be the best man for that job.
            UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

End of the line (Enda the lying)

Comment

Originally posted by rasher View Post
                End of the line (Enda the lying)
                He will be sadly missed.......I think he is the ideal man with Brexit coming up.....

Comment

He will be sadly missed.......I think he is the ideal man with Brexit coming up.....
                  That made my day.

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
                    That made my day.
                    Enda will be pleased to know you are one of his supporters.....

Comment

Enda will be pleased to know you are one of his supporters.....
                      That would be you Quinner, you praised him often enough in the past.

Comment

That would be you Quinner, you praised him often enough in the past.
                        LOL....I support no politician...I don't vote for anybody or anything.......I am not even registered to vote...never will be....

I just made a comment and you agreed with it......''it made your day''...Though how anything Political can make anybody's day I will never know.......

Comment

LOL....I support no politician...I don't vote for anybody or anything.......I am not even registered to vote...never will be....

I just made a comment and you agreed with it......''it made your day''...Though how anything Political can make anybody's day I will never know.......
                          Ahh Quinner agreeing with something is entirely different from getting a laugh from a post.

Comment

Ahh Quinner agreeing with something is entirely different from getting a laugh from a post.
                            That is your choice......Your support for Enda is your business......

I just praise people for their achievements.......I would even praise a team if they won a football match....But I would never watch or support them.....

Comment

That is your choice......Your support for Enda is your business......

I just praise people for their achievements.......I would even praise a team if they won a football match....But I would never watch or support them.....

Comment

So you like people who praise those who deserve it.....Good....

You must spend ages sitting under the ''Yewtrees'' surfing for your snippets of wisdom.....

Enda will have his name in the history books as one of the greats.....Sort of like the ''King Edward'' of the potato world.......

Comment

Working...
                                X