Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Stella in Rathmines was placed in the top twenty cinemas in the world last week.......I remember when it was a kip.....but always loved the place
    The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
      The Stella in Rathmines was placed in the top twenty cinemas in the world last week.......I remember when it was a kip.....but always loved the place
      I remember it well too Dinny. One night I went there with my parents and I fell off the platform of the bus on the way home. I think the film was Hobson's Choice, it had John Mills in it anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
        I remember it well too Dinny. One night I went there with my parents and I fell off the platform of the bus on the way home. I think the film was Hobson's Choice, it had John Mills in it anyway
        I lived in Rathmines so it was my go to place Vico....
        The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
          I lived in Rathmines so it was my go to place Vico....
          My locals were the Leinster and the Rialto, but every now and then we would go further afield

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
            My locals were the Leinster and the Rialto, but every now and then we would go further afield

Last time I was in the Stella the movie was...Tom Dooley...A song of the same name was about in that era ''Hang down your head Tom Dooley''.....

In them days we wouldn't think twice about walking up to Rathmines, over a mile I would say..

Maybe true or false....Portabella bridge is supposed to be the same height above sea-level as the top of Nelson's Column....
            Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by quinner View Post
              Last time I was in the Stella the movie was...Tom Dooley...A song of the same name was about in that era ''Hang down your head Tom Dooley''.....

In them days we wouldn't think twice about walking up to Rathmines, over a mile I would say..

Maybe true or false....Portabella bridge is supposed to be the same height above sea-level as the top of Nelson's Column....
              Was his anniversary yesterday of being blow up .

This bit on the radio last week about the Stella .....

Comment

• Originally posted by quinner View Post

Was that true or false ... before the fake statue was taken down by pretend college boys... so we were told?... So was it above sea level while standing or lying down?

Comment

• signal cabin

Originally posted by cosmo View Post
                  signal cabin.westland row.

sams junk shop.

haypenny bridge.

croke park before the stands.

mill st , north inner city.
                  Spent many a night sleeping in signal cabin

after finished shunting and parked up loco engine

signal men were
                  paddy kenna

paddy hopkins

mick macken

Comment

• Kennendys villas off Bow Lane Dublin pictures

What section of the old photographs is showing pics of Kennedy villus Dublin

Comment

• Originally posted by Frannyflynn View Post
                      What section of the old photographs is showing pics of Kennedy villus Dublin
                      Here you go...

The original thread has been split due to its size. Super sized threads can cause database issues. 10,000 posts is the practical limit for a thread so we have split off and closed the original thread at that point. Please continue posting your photographs and comments on this thread. The original thread will remain viewable
                      Everything is self-evident.

Comment

• Thank you so much for the Bow Lane pics I used to live there in the 1950 s family moved to Drimnagh then uk

Comment

• Originally posted by pmull View Post
                          Was that true or false ... before the fake statue was taken down by pretend college boys... so we were told?... So was it above sea level while standing or lying down?
                          Sea level does not change whether you are horizontal or vertical......Be careful when you have a bath...
                          Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

• Hughes Dairy pics.

Any more pics from Hughes Dairy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pete Monks View Post
                              Any more pics from Hughes Dairy?
                              UCD has an excellent collection
                              Hazelbrook dairy, Rathfarnham, constructed by G. & T. Crampton for Hughes Bros. (HB) in 1946-1948. The architects were McDonnell & Dixon. The dairy later became a HB Ice Cream factory. The building no longer exists.

Comment

• city walls
                                Attached Files
                                in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

Working...
                                X