• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was that garage near Cross Guns bridge Swaggler

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
      Was that garage near Cross Guns bridge Swaggler
      It looks to me like it was on the Finglas Rd where Sweeney's Off Licence is now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swaggler View Post
        It looks to me like it was on the Finglas Rd where Sweeney's Off Licence is now.
        Don't know Finglas Road well. But I can remember as kids my mother used to take us to family graves in Glasnevin. On the way, near St Vincent's orphanage but on the other side of the road, there was a garage.

Comment

• Bringing back memories

I was delighted to some across the image of Turrett House in 'The Boro' where I used to play as a child back in mid-1960s. It brought back some great memories.

Along with other children, who lived in Phibsboro Avenue and Castle Terrace, we used to hang out with a young lad called Jody Fitzpatrick who lived in Turrett House at the time with his mother. We played football outside the House which, to the left of it, was Lawson's Garage.

To the right of Turrett House was where Mrs. Marshall lived. Her son, Pat, lives there now and I see him quite often when I visit Phibsboro to shop and bank etc.

Opposite Turrett House at the time was another large dwelling which was derelict. We used to played football and handball against the front facade. The windows were bricked up. We called it 'The Broker'.

Rob C.

Comment

• Welcome to the forum Rob.
            Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Working...
            X