The Barnet Bugle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
    Well, I do have a rather beautful snout, if I say so myself. And a great pair of trotters.
    an don't fergeh yer luvly big pair iv ...eyes.
    We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
      Hope you don't end up like me ....mine sold after less than a week....and we had moved within 3 weeks of ours going up for sale.....oh the stress of it all
      I think I'd rather have 3 weeks of intense stress than months of uncertainty and disappointment. You were lucky!

Comment

I think I'd rather have 3 weeks of intense stress than months of uncertainty and disappointment. You were lucky!
        Suppose your right but it was stressful....and the couple we sold to turned out to be swines (no reflection on your side of the family) and put us under a lot of stress
        The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Suppose your right but it was stressful....and the couple we sold to turned out to be swines (no reflection on your side of the family) and put us under a lot of stress

Comment

no offence taken......water off a pig's back (to mix metaphors).
            Last time I moved - 23 years ago - we hadn't even had our house on the market but were approached by an investor was buying up properties in the area for student digs.....we'd been thinking of moving anyway (we were in Luton at the time and wanted to move back to North London) so we took the opportunity. We went through with all the legal stuff but somehow we got our wires crossed and were waiting to hear from his side when he phoned demanding to know why we weren't out yet as he had to get the place ready for the students by September and it was now nearly August. I was booked in for a Caesarian on the 9th and had to stay near the hospital due to complications, so we couldn't complete until the day the baby was born. So the day before was rather hectic......removal van came in the morning to take all our stuff down to my parents' house, then my ex had to drop me off at the hospital, take my daughter down to East Finchley, then return to pick up the cat (which didn't have a basket and spent the whole motorway journey jumping round the car shitting.) And this was before we'd even exchanged contracts........

Comment

Last time I moved - 23 years ago - we hadn't even had our house on the market but were approached by an investor was buying up properties in the area for student digs.....we'd been thinking of moving anyway (we were in Luton at the time and wanted to move back to North London) so we took the opportunity. We went through with all the legal stuff but somehow we got our wires crossed and were waiting to hear from his side when he phoned demanding to know why we weren't out yet as he had to get the place ready for the students by September and it was now nearly August. I was booked in for a Caesarian on the 9th and had to stay near the hospital due to complications, so we couldn't complete until the day the baby was born. So the day before was rather hectic......removal van came in the morning to take all our stuff down to my parents' house, then my ex had to drop me off at the hospital, take my daughter down to East Finchley, then return to pick up the cat (which didn't have a basket and spent the whole motorway journey jumping round the car shitting.) And this was before we'd even exchanged contracts........
              You were stressed , the poor aul cat must have been in tatters after that motorway trip for Christ sake ... .

Comment

• Im sorry for laughing katie..but your move sounds like ours hahahhaha....all our moves.....i learned..ya cant plan nutting but it goes belly up..

the last move in dec was probably our worst...we put the house on the market...and it was sold within 3 days....we didnt expect it to go so fast..so we hadnt even looked at another place we were thinking condo..anyways willie got sick..i had a lupus flare up and we even forgot the house was sold....then at about 5 weeks to leave we woke up and went on a mad dash.....finally got a bigger bloody house in a smaller city 45 mins up a snowed out highway....and if i told you how the actual move itself went youd lock me up..

hate having to keep everything ship shape and perfect for viewings ..my heart goes out to you...my family are untidy shytes.

Comment

• true.....the house has never been so tidy! The worst thing for me though will be having to take the dog out every time, as he's a bit mental..........

Comment

I don't know the meaning of stress having read that......funny last time we moved was 23 years ago also

Comment

I don't know the meaning of stress having read that......funny last time we moved was 23 years ago also
                      you're due for a move then.......wonder if the swines are still in your old house.....

Comment

Well, after months of preparation the sty is finally on the market.....guess i'll have to keep it tidy now......
                        Good luck with the sale of your house Katie....hope you get the price you want and that everything runs smoothly for you....best of luck with everything...

Comment

• Originally posted by barefoot View Post
                          Good luck with the sale of your house Katie....hope you get the price you want and that everything runs smoothly for you....best of luck with everything...
                          thanks BF

Comment

you're due for a move then.......wonder if the swines are still in your old house.....
                            They are....lol

Comment

• the funny thing though about selling the last house, we had to sign this declaration saying no one died in the house hahaha.....dont know what that was about....

Comment

• i've had to put the heating on......in mid-september......unheard of......

Comment

Working...
                                X