Should FF take Bertie back ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cosmo View Post
    very impressive allright, we were involved from the first dig, can`t believe its been so long ago, they did a great job restructuring the countryside around it, last time I was there was `82 and from the outside you`d never think what was below.
    Cos. did you do any DC gearless lift motors or Generators.....The generator exciter motors were the ones most likely to pack up....

Shindler's used to do a lot of large AC motors with variable pole starts using centrifugal change over switches....those were mostly on goods lifts....
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

did lots d.c motors and generators over the years joe, we might not know exactly where or what work it would be doing unless we as in workers were told , a.c were different as you`d know right away ,two speeds ,high and very low, you could tell a lift motor right away [a.c] without a nameplate. we did a lot of schindler motors here over the years, but I notice they have changed to permanent magnet motors that fit in the actual shaft alongside the lift cabin , very slim fitting.i havn`t worked on them so I can`t say what they are like. but they look like theres less to go wrong. the motors I`v seen are very like this model.
      Attached Files
      in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmo View Post
        did lots d.c motors and generators over the years joe, we might not know exactly where or what work it would be doing unless we as in workers were told , a.c were different as you`d know right away ,two speeds ,high and very low, you could tell a lift motor right away [a.c] without a nameplate. we did a lot of schindler motors here over the years, but I notice they have changed to permanent magnet motors that fit in the actual shaft alongside the lift cabin , very slim fitting.i havn`t worked on them so I can`t say what they are like. but they look like theres less to go wrong. the motors I`v seen are very like this model.
        Seen that type cos......The ones I refer to are about four foot high and weigh a few tons....You needed a three foot rachet to lift the brake....Yet the final floor-levelling voltage was about ten volts....

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
          Dev was on more bucks than your head of state Queen Elizabeth in the 1950's ??
          Right.....from advice as far as I understand it....

I am domicile in the UK.....I have the same rights as the average Brit while I am here......

But, If I went to Morocco for instance on my Irish passport I would have no legal rights from The British Embassy....If I was deported from Morocco it would be back to Ireland...

When I leave the UK I am not Domicile in the UK......

I can actually be deported from the UK for being a naughty boy for instance.....

So, though she will be nice to me while I am here.....I cannot under any circumstances claim her as ''My Queen''. As long as I remain a Citizen of the Republic of Ireland......

The Irish Government claimed me as one of theirs when I was born.....They issued paperwork accordingly.......They are stuck with me......

Comment

Working...
          X