Savoy Cinema .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Savoy Cinema .

It seems the large screen in the Savoy will be no more , didn't get the timeline on its closure , being renovated in to 4/5 smaller ones ... .

the savoy under construction 1925....why did they name it after a cabbage!!
    Attached Files
    in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
      It seems the large screen in the Savoy will be no more , didn't get the timeline on its closure , being renovated in to 4/5 smaller ones ... .
      So I guess that finishes red carpet premieres at the Savoy?

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
        So I guess that finishes red carpet premieres at the Savoy?
        Don't think Harvey will be to bothered though .

Comment

I gave my dear wife, and best friend her engagement ring while sitting in our seats on a Saturday afternoon in the Savoy.We went to dinner afterwards,and then went to her parents house to tell them.Not exactly a Hollywood scene,but we are still together and happily looking after each other after all these years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed O'Gorman View Post
            I gave my dear wife, and best friend her engagement ring while sitting in our seats on a Saturday afternoon in the Savoy.We went to dinner afterwards,and then went to her parents house to tell them.Not exactly a Hollywood scene,but we are still together and happily looking after each other after all these years.
            Well done Ed......
            The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmo View Post
              the savoy under construction 1925....why did they name it after a cabbage!!
              They named the Adelphi after a load of washing up....
              Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ed O'Gorman View Post
                myself and wife went to the savoy and Adelphi to kill time waiting for a midnight flight to London [my sisters flat in Clapham junction,posh] ,this was our wedding day, we left the Grosvenor hotel [everybody thought we were going on a flash honeymoon] around 3.30 pm and walked up and down O'Connell st between the two movie houses , had fish and chips in the rainbow , that was feb 1970....still here.

Comment

myself and wife went to the savoy and Adelphi to kill time waiting for a midnight flight to London [my sisters flat in Clapham junction,posh] ,this was our wedding day, we left the Grosvenor hotel [everybody thought we were going on a flash honeymoon] around 3.30 pm and walked up and down O'Connell st between the two movie houses , had fish and chips in the rainbow , that was feb 1970....still here.
                  Bet you had a drink in the Eagle in Clapham Junction....
                  Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Cosmo, was that the Grosvenor on Westland Row?

Comment

Cosmo; Ours took place on March 30th 1964.Wouldn't have it any other way.

Comment

Originally posted by dinny View Post
                        Well done Ed......
                        Thanx Dinny.

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
                          Bet you had a drink in the Eagle in Clapham Junction....
                          probably did joe, the brother in law r.i.p was the tour guide.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis View Post
                            Cosmo, was that the Grosvenor on Westland Row?

yes nem, it was . another member on here m.k.m also had her reception there, but that was when they had gas light.

Comment

Working...
                            X