Abuse victim's '60 years of hate'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abuse victim's '60 years of hate'

It's disgusting that this is just coming to trial now.

Originally posted by Eileen View Post
    It's disgusting that this is just coming to trial now.

http://www.bbc.com/news/video_and_au...lines/39099748
    Another example of the Catholic Church, Priests and Christian Brothers systemic abuse of vulnerable children that went on for decades.

In Ireland,approximately 35,000 Irish children,teenagers who were orphans, unmarried mothers or from dysfunctional families were sent to a network of 250 Church-run industrial schools, reformatories, orphanages and hostels. The abuse went on since the 1930s to the 1990s.The Irish state also has a lot to answer for sweeping the accusations under the carpet.

The states that allowed children to be transported to foreign countries are also to blame for much of this.
    I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
    Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Yes, you're absolutely right - they are responsible and share the blame but the families are to blame as well. Some say "it's the way it was and families didn't have a choice". That's BS. There are plenty of poor families that manage to hold onto their children. I can't imagine how evil one would have to be to think this was ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Eileen View Post
        Yes, you're absolutely right - they are responsible and share the blame but the families are to blame as well. Some say "it's the way it was and families didn't have a choice". That's BS. There are plenty of poor families that manage to hold onto their children. I can't imagine how evil one would have to be to think this was ok.
        It smacks of slave labour and penal colonies. The British Governments over the time knew that these farms were unfit for children but allowed the transportations to continue.

Why they called them child migrants I have no idea.They were simply transported by the state and churches and in many cases assisted by the parents.
        I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
        Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Working...
        X