Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by quinner View Post
      Does she like wailing....?
      No she can’t stand sharks either

Comment

• Originally posted by rasher View Post
        No she can’t stand sharks either
        But the would be extremely interested in her.......
        Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

I asked my mate who is from the country if he ever heard of the basshee and he said he was married to her.
          I hope she has the comb Rasher. No self respecting Banshee is without the comb

Comment

• Such beautiful weather brings to mind my brothers and their love of catching pinkeens in such weather. How proud they were coming home with jars full of useless fish, My Mam was a saint she always pretended they could keep them lol!

Comment

• Plaque Placed in Mount Jerome to remember all the Protestant babies that died in various Protestant homes, Homes such as Smileys, I do remember as a child being threatened to be put there. The name always made me think of a fun place but apparently that was not so.

And so it was not Just Catholics homes that have bad records History can be very cruel
              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by joan mack View Post
                Plaque Placed in Mount Jerome to remember all the Protestant babies that died in various Protestant homes, Homes such as Smileys, I do remember as a child being threatened to be put there. The name always made me think of a fun place but apparently that was not so.

And so it was not Just Catholics homes that have bad records History can be very cruel
                Tragic, so many children never had a chance

Comment

• Sad thing is the Government of the day turned a blind eye and left it to the religious groups of all denominations to do their work. They gave no support or money the religious groups had to feed clothe and maintain anyone who came to their doors.

All the women in the Magdelene homes would have been free if even one relative came to sign them out but relatives prepared to leave them there.

So many babies and were to place them, If only the Nuns involved had been upfront and gave information to the women as to where they were sending the babies, They would have had hope of meeting up someday, They would be lauded now instead of condemned and had the Government opened homes or assisted in someway who knows. I have been told by a priest that there was fifteen hundred boys in Artane at one time and it took the priests and brothers all their time to stop them from killing one another.

He said only they grew their own stuff with the help of the boys they could not have fed such large numbers.

The sad thing is many priests and brothers should never have been priests or Brothers. Many went to avoid family pressures.

They ruined the good name of many good priests who tried so hard to make a difference. That Priest is still in touch with many of the boys and he has attended many of their weddings. so a lot of boys have good memories of their time there. many came out with a trade which they were able to get jobs almost immediately.

I know one boy in his seventies now he works for a big fashion house. He was taught to be a tailor and having great skill he has worked for many years making beautiful clothes.

When he was admitted to Artane he was rebellious and always in trouble. When he started to cut and sew he found his potential. But we never hear the good news stories

Comment

Fred had a brother called Pat he worked for Ronnie Turner who had a clinic in Stillorgan he was a chiropractor.Pat fixed my back a few times he was very good at his job.The last I heard of him was that he moved to Cork
                    Paddy lives just outside Kinsale, he's married to my Aunt Rose. Runs a very successful practice down there. He was an Irish international weight lifter for years, we both trained at the Hercules Club on Ormond Quay. Fred sadly passed away back in the 90s.
                    Such is life - Ned Kelly

Comment

• Originally posted by joan mack View Post
                      Sad thing is the Government of the day turned a blind eye and left it to the religious groups of all denominations to do their work. They gave no support or money the religious groups had to feed clothe and maintain anyone who came to their doors.

All the women in the Magdelene homes would have been free if even one relative came to sign them out but relatives prepared to leave them there.

So many babies and were to place them, If only the Nuns involved had been upfront and gave information to the women as to where they were sending the babies, They would have had hope of meeting up someday, They would be lauded now instead of condemned and had the Government opened homes or assisted in someway who knows. I have been told by a priest that there was fifteen hundred boys in Artane at one time and it took the priests and brothers all their time to stop them from killing one another.

He said only they grew their own stuff with the help of the boys they could not have fed such large numbers.

The sad thing is many priests and brothers should never have been priests or Brothers. Many went to avoid family pressures.

They ruined the good name of many good priests who tried so hard to make a difference. That Priest is still in touch with many of the boys and he has attended many of their weddings. so a lot of boys have good memories of their time there. many came out with a trade which they were able to get jobs almost immediately.

I know one boy in his seventies now he works for a big fashion house. He was taught to be a tailor and having great skill he has worked for many years making beautiful clothes.

When he was admitted to Artane he was rebellious and always in trouble. When he started to cut and sew he found his potential. But we never hear the good news stories

I have never heard any call for innocent Priests, Nuns or Christian Brothers to be punished......

But without those ''innocent'' ones the guilty would not have been able to hide and get away with their horrendous misdeeds.....
                      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

• I have a friend in Exeter who was taught to sew in Artane. He ran away when he was 13 years old because every weekend he was taken to another place on the back of a motorbike by a priest, who, along with other priests and Christian brothers sodomized him repeatedly over the weekend. None of the good brothers at the Tane missed his on the away weekends, but when he was returned on the Mondays they beat the shit out of him to make sure he kept his mouth shut. All good brother brother and loyal.....

He later trained at Seville Row and still has his own business. Next time I see him I will ask him about the "good brothers & priest at the Tane.

Watch this space.......
                        I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                        Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

• Originally posted by jembo View Post
                          I have a friend in Exeter who was taught to sew in Artane. He ran away when he was 13 years old because every weekend he was taken to another place on the back of a motorbike by a priest, who, along with other priests and Christian brothers sodomized him repeatedly over the weekend. None of the good brothers at the Tane missed his on the away weekends, but when he was returned on the Mondays they beat the shit out of him to make sure he kept his mouth shut. All good brother brother and loyal.....

He later trained at Seville Row and still has his own business. Next time I see him I will ask him about the "good brothers & priest at the Tane.

Watch this space.......
                          Jembo that is a horrendous story, but I know there were many more like it.

Comment

• yes of course there were bad Priests and Certainly brothers, I don't think there are Brothers in Ireland anymore, My point was we do hear a lot about them but there were other kindly souls who still care for boys and do, and have done a wonderful job they are like real fathers and still visit a lot of their past boys,

They have often reported bad brother or priest behaviour but their complaints were ignored by the higher ups.
                            We can still see bishops going to jail for not turning them in. For fifteen hundred boys there were one hundred or more priests and brothers, It only took about fifteen of them misplaced creatures to ruin the good name of so many.

One priest I was told about wrote to relatives to come and try to adopt a boy he knew was being abused. He had reported it often, The relatives came and eventually managed to adopt the boy with threats of disclosure of abuse. He said at least I saved one. When there is corruption of any sort it usually is The Heads that should roll at the top. I should think Archbishop McQuaid had a lot to answer for
                            Last edited by joan mack; 07-07-2018, 12:11 PM.

Comment

• A bit of info on the Industrial schools, I was in Upton Cork for 18 months, Every Kid in there knew the names of the the three sexual abusers of the boys, I cannot believe that the rest of the Brothers and priests were also unaware of the names also. I got out early because I was beaten so badly on the arse that some of the skin was hanging off when the blisters burst, I was in a Cork hospital for nine days, and sent home on a train with out any explanation to my mother. http://www.paddydoyle.com/a-history-of-neglect/

Comment

• That is so sad Raphael and I am sure it is still going on. People who look after children should be constantly vetted, I have to say I still feel so sorry for the good people who tried to make things better, You can see the constant heads of state not bothering their arse to try sort things out.

I am in a choir I have no part in dealing with children. But I am required to fill in a vetting form as is everyone who takes part in church activities. Its like locking the door when the horse has bolted.

But in the late fifties as a child on babysitting duties I was once sexually assaulted. I managed to escape before the deed was done although at the time I did not know what deed was to be done, But it felt weird and I just knew it was time to run. Did I tell my parents no way. To this day I don't know why. I actually felt guilty

I know my Mam was mad at me because I refused to babysit again I was selfish etc. If only she had known. I know my dad would have killed him so maybe its as well I did not disclose my secret,

can you actually trust anyone, Even though things are more openly discussed it still goes on and nothing we seem to be able to do about it.

I talk to my friends of a similar age and I hear they also have been the victim of an abuser in the past and in many cases a family member and like me they never said a word

Comment

Working...
                                X