Two men ordained to priesthood at Pro Cathedral in Dublin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two men ordained to priesthood at Pro Cathedral in Dublin

Deacons James Daly from Cork and Bill O' Shaughnessy from Kildare will be ordained at 11am.

More...

A slow day if this is making the news .

By the way ....when will they start ordaining women .
    Last edited by Twobob; 14-11-2017, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
      A slow day if this is making the news .

By the way ....when will they start ordaining women .
      I don't think they get that many people going for the priesthood nowadays Twobob, so it probably is a big deal for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
        I don't think they get that many people going for the priesthood nowadays Twobob, so it probably is a big deal for them.
        Yep , true enough regards the entrants alright , can you ever envisage when they will ordain women or allow men to wed ?? .

I haven't read the bible , but from what I've heard [stand to be corrected] it doesn't state in the bible that men shouldn't be allowed to marry and that women cannot be ordained ........ if that being the case , then these are man made laws , so who will pick up the gauntlet to reform these rules , or is there even an appetite for it .

Comment

i think they had married priests in the very early church and i've heard that there are married priests in south america where they turn a blind eye. also there are many ex-anglican priests that were already married when they switched "sides". we had one in our church for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
            i think they had married priests in the very early church and i've heard that there are married priests in south america where they turn a blind eye. also there are many ex-anglican priests that were already married when they switched "sides". we had one in our church for a while.
            Wonder what is their reasoning for not allowing either of these things to happen .

Comment

We have 2 married priests in my RC Church and I think our parish is better off for them. They were originally Anglican Vicars. I totally agree with women being ordained Priests, this is long overdue.

Comment

j
                Originally posted by Twobob View Post
                Wonder what is their reasoning for not allowing either of these things to happen .
                no idea tb......i did used to think it was very unfair in the bible when Jesus makes the disciples leave everything behind them to go and spread the word........did they ever see their families again, or was that it? so maybe it's to do with them devoting all their time to god and their flock and they found they couldn't do that with the demands of a family so they brought in celibacy. or maybe they were just nutters.

Comment

Originally posted by bettyl View Post
                  We have 2 married priests in my RC Church and I think our parish is better off for them. They were originally Anglican Vicars. I totally agree with women being ordained Priests, this is long overdue.
                  the irony there is that as far as i know the Anglican vicars "switched" precisely because they were against the c of e having women priests.

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                    j

no idea tb......i did used to think it was very unfair in the bible when Jesus makes the disciples leave everything behind them to go and spread the word........did they ever see their families again, or was that it? so maybe it's to do with them devoting all their time to god and their flock and they found they couldn't do that with the demands of a family so they brought in celibacy. or maybe they were just nutters.

Comment

Working...
                    X