Sandymount....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandymount....

As I was born in Sandymount...that is long before it was D4 I still love to have a walk along the strand and do so every morning.I now live in Perrystown D12 and also think it is one hell of a nice place to live...now I just want to know if anyone on the forum is from Sandymount or Crumlin / Perrystown come on down for the chat....

Sandymount Village
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Star boy View Post
      As I was born in Sandymount...that is long before it was D4 I still love to have a walk along the strand and do so every morning.I now live in Perrystown D12 and also think it is one hell of a nice place to live...now I just want to know if anyone on the forum is from Sandymount or Crumlin / Perrystown come on down for the chat....
      Hi Star Boy. There was a guy on here named Hilliard, (not sure of spelling.
      His brother who was married to my aunty lived in Sandymount, him also being my uncle too. I come from Crumlin, Kells road and Windmill road. Wellcome to the forum.

Comment

Morning Ginti, Just seen your reply...Also heading down to the Strand for our walk at 9 30 and it looks like it won't rain...he says....
        Must say I did know a family of that name many years ago don't know if they are the same family...I think they were on the strand road..when we were kids we knew just about everyone in Sandymount also we knew who would give you a few pence or apples and nuts on Halloween night...no I pods then.
        We have lived in Perrystown for about 12 years and love it...if only it had the strand as we'll. ahhh well that's life.I remember we done a DVD on Crumlin some years back and we had a ball making the film.....still meet people that we met at that time.
        Well off for my walk..Return afternoon. Star boy

Comment

Welcome Star Boy. Danced in Clermont LTC and spent a lot of time hanging out with friends all about the area '65> 70. Future d in l from Limekiln...does that count??? lol

Comment

Thank you Womblemum...Clearmont and Limekilm....I remember my sisters saying they went dancing to Clearmont.but I was dancing in London..it's a long way but the only place for work and the swinging 60s and boy it sure was that. I think I did miss a lot of the fun of the home dance like Railway union ..Top Hat...god love us we was spoilt so we was.
            Now Limekilm is only down the road so I do indeed know it well....well as much as I know the roads...everyone tells me that limekilm is in Terenure and so the big nice stone says...

Comment

A few photos
              Gilford rd. Tram Depo Men 1937
              AOH Dance in the 50s Sandymount girls boys
              Attached Files

Comment

Sandymount Tower from the air
                Attached Files

Comment

Old Sandymount

First time trying to up load some pics....will try again
                  Attached Files

Comment

Doin well so far SB....just some snags to fix and yill be on yer way. Here's a helping hand.
                    Attached Files
                    We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Sandymount

Thank you for that...

Comment

Thank you for that...
                        Welcome. Did you know this place in Sandymount ?.
                        Attached Files
                        We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Now Limekilm is only down the road so I do indeed know it well....well as much as I know the roads...everyone tells me that limekilm is in Terenure and so the big nice stone says...
                          hahaha....think the blowins seem to call it Terenure but the longtime residents call it Perrystown

Comment

Wow. Look at the aerial pic....th etennis club all modernized, it was a one story wooden building in my day lol

Comment

Sandymount

Morning all, yes the big house is Dublin Castle, I remember playing in the grounds many years ago.
                              As for the Tower, it's had a good clean up in the last few months..could we not bring it back to the good old 1950s when it was my club also the club for all the young folk of the area and it was run By Mr.& Mrs Gribbins but most of all it had a Juke box and we ran dances in it,our band was the Juke box and it was always full with the youth of Sandymount all for the price of a coffee and a few pence for the box...our Drug. ...was 2 Cigs and a match whooooo. What a good night
                              One night one of the lads had a packet of 20 players...he was everyone's pal for the night.....ahaaaa the good old days lets bring them back....even for I night...

Comment

Working...
                              X