Lockout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockout

does anyone know how I can obtain a (cheap) copy of Padraig Yeates' book about the Lockout? I found his book on Dublin during the 1st world war very readable and informative, and would love to read this one, but on amazon it's 217 dollars! If anyone has a copy, could you let me know so i could perhaps borrow it?
    Last edited by KatieMorag; 29-04-2013, 09:33 PM.

sorry katie cant help..

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
      sorry katie cant help..
      have a ramble down Charing Cross road........lots of bookshops there...
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
        have a ramble down Charing Cross road........lots of bookshops there...
        i would, but it's a long way to go for what would probably be a wild-goose chase. i was hoping someone on the forum might have a copy, or know where I could get one......

Comment

I have put your question out so if I find anything I will let you know

Comment

hey katie.....amazon has a digital version for download at a much more affordable price lol...

heres the listing..

Product Details
            Lockout of 1913: An entry from Macmillan Reference USA's <i>Encyclopedia of Irish History and Culture</i> by Padraig Yeates (2004)
            Formats Price New Used
            Digital Available for download now $2.90

Comment

i somehow think the exorbitant price is a mistake..

Comment

hey katie.....amazon has a digital version for download at a much more affordable price lol...

heres the listing..

Product Details
                Lockout of 1913: An entry from Macmillan Reference USA's <i>Encyclopedia of Irish History and Culture</i> by Padraig Yeates (2004)
                Formats Price New Used
                Digital Available for download now $2.90
                I saw that, but assumed it was just a short extract......or an article......

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
                  I have put your question out so if I find anything I will let you know
                  Thanks Bigs.

Comment

hey katie i just sent padraig yates a message on facebook asking him about the book price.....interesting to see if i hear back....i told him you could buy a nice used car for the price of the book listed on amazon )

Comment

hey katie i just sent padraig yates a message on facebook asking him about the book price.....interesting to see if i hear back....i told him you could buy a nice used car for the price of the book listed on amazon )
                      well, let me know if you hear anything. I suppose it's a rare book, hence the price. Maybe Padraig has one in the attic he can lend me......

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                        well, let me know if you hear anything. I suppose it's a rare book, hence the price. Maybe Padraig has one in the attic he can lend me......
                        Have you tried ordering it in your local library?

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
                          Have you tried ordering it in your local library?
                          no....I didn't think they'd be able to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                            no....I didn't think they'd be able to get it.
                            Worth the try, I doubt they have it in digital format if its so rare but they may have a copy in another library in the area or in a warehouse somewhere that could be transferred over to your local library.

Comment

all his other books katie are pretty cheap im convinced theres a mistake....i found some error in pricing on amazon a while ago with another book...Noras book about her childhood.....and they fixed it for me...i thought i was going to have to take out a mortgage to get it lol..hopefully this will be the same

Comment

Working...
                              X