This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quinner View Post
    i, aint found out what you are yet........explain.....
    i,m not like you.

Moderator edit: Be very careful with your insults, you are now in danger of receiving an infraction, a warning or a ban.
    Last edited by Rashers; 05-07-2012, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tolka1 View Post
      i,m not like you.
      thank god for that.....now explain what you think i owe ireland.....
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

thank god for that.....now explain what you think i owe ireland.....
        Amen...as for what you owe us.......

Nothing..........as you took the english shilling..........I rest my case,but dont feel so bad as many dubs did it before you.

Comment

Originally posted by tolka1 View Post
          Amen...as for what you owe us.......

Nothing..........as you took the english shilling..........I rest my case,but dont feel so bad as many dubs did it before you.
          so, you have a case then........well you won....your prize is a big maple tree......

Comment

when i was in omdurman....the had a chopped off hand, nailed to a door...

Comment

Originally posted by jembo
              Cornelius Coughlan VC (27 June 1828, Eyrecourt, County Galway – 14 February 1915) was an Irish recipient of the Victoria Cross, the highest and most prestigious award for gallantry in the face of the enemy that can be awarded to British and Commonwealth forces.

He was 28 years old, and a Colour Sergeant in the 75th Regiment of Foot (later The Gordon Highlanders), British Army during the Indian Mutiny when the following deeds took place on 8 June and 18 July 1857 at Delhi, India for which he was awarded the VC:

For gallantly venturing, under a heavy fire, with three others, into a Serai occupied by the Enemy in great numbers, and removing Private Corbett, 75th Regiment, who lay severely wounded. Also for cheering and encouraging a party which hesitated to charge down a lane in Subzee Mundee, at Delhi, lined on each side with huts, and raked by a cross fire; then entering with the said party into an enclosure filled with the Enemy, and destroying every man. For having also, on the same occasion, returned under a cross fire to collect dhoolies, and carry off the wounded ; a service which was successfully performed, and for which this man obtained great praise from the Officers of his Regiment.

Queen Victoria felt moved to write a personal letter to Sgt Major Coughlan on hearing about his acts of bravery.

The soldier returned from India to serve for two decades in the Connaught Rangers in his native Ireland achieving the rank of sergeant-major.

He died in Westport, County Mayo on 14 February 1915 and is buried locally.

His Victoria Cross is displayed at the National War Museum of Scotland (Edinburgh Castle, Edinburgh, Scotland).

Coughlan remembered In August 2004, the previously unmarked grave of Sergeant Major Coughlan was recognised in a formal ceremony attended by the Irish defence minister and the British ambassador and conducted by a Roman Catholic priest and a Protestant clergyman

More than 200 people, including descendants, watched as 10 re-enactors dressed in the period costume of the Connaught Rangers, fired a volley of shots over his grave.
              looks like a sargeant major's pace stick in his hand........

Comment

looks like a sargeant major's pace stick in his hand........
                call sign for a colour sargeant....molar, because he issued the rations....

call sign for a sargeant major...seagull, i wonder why..????

Comment

My post has again been wiped off the screen,I am not happy with this and require explanation please.!!!!!!
                  Wiped again. This is the third time that my post has been wiped and I still need an explanation for this????????
                  I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                  Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

jembo...i can see your latest vc post......john dunley......is that the one ??

Comment

jembo...i can see your latest vc post......john dunley......is that the one ??
                      Yes quinner,but every time I post, my post is cleared off the "new post" screen,even if that screen is empty and nobody is giving me an explanation for this.That has been happening for some days now and it would appear that my post is not been given fair viewing like ever other post. Why should my post be cleared off the "new post" screen as soon as I post?????
                      I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                      Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Originally posted by jembo View Post
                        Yes quinner,but every time I post, my post is cleared off the "new post" screen,even if that screen is empty and nobody is giving me an explanation for this.That has been happening for some days now and it would appear that my post is not been given fair viewing like ever other post. Why should my post be cleared off the "new post" screen as soon as I post?????
                        jembo, i am not sure what you mean.....i look at the posts every day...

it is there on my new posts screen every morning...

Comment

it is still there now....

Comment

it is still there now....
                            there is 23 new posts on my screen....

Comment

To give you an example. This morning I posted at 0935 on an empty "new post" screen.Mine was the only new post on there and two mins later the screen was cleared.

I posted back and asked why and again my post was cleared, but other post had been left on there.I posted back a few mins later and again my post was cleared from the new post screen.

It would appear that somebody is diliberately clearing my post off the screen and relegating it to the files without giving it fair viewing on the "new post" screen like other posts.
                              i see what you mean now.....

i think the screens are cleared automatically after a certain time, when no one is posting....

i think they stay up longer if people are lookin and posting......

maybe a mod will explain better....it has also happened to my post's....

Comment

i read the vc posts every morning.....and that time varies....

Comment

Working...
                                X