No announcement yet.

Skerries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One entry described the town as the'ultimate childhood playground' with its slot machines and bumper cars down on the seafront,'vinegary bags of chips' and a 'swim in The Springers' all featuring in memories of growing up in the seaside town.

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
      next time.....don't let them know you are coming.....
      shurrrrrup you....is your name fitzy???????

Comment

Originally posted by Womblemum View Post
        shurrrrrup you....is your name fitzy???????
        we are brothers......from the deep south...
        Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

The Loughshinny club motorbike racing will be ran on 6th and 7th of July -- Skerries is always crowded for the event.

6th & 7th July 2012 wont be long now - road closure 6th from 3pm to 9:30pm and 7th from 9am to 6:30pm..........!

The Historic Skerries 100 attracts thousands of regular visitors from Ireland and overseas, many make the annual ‘pilgrimage’ to North County Dublin to enjoy the renowned hospitality of the area and watch pure road racing at its very best amidst some of the best scenery in the County. The influx of visitors brings a festive mood to the picturesque seaside village of Skerries and gives the local economy a welcome boast with Pubs, restaurants, shops and B&B’s reporting one of their busiest weekends of the year. With the event now drawing in more than 30,000 spectators every year the locals find themselves outnumbered by 2 to 1 for a couple of days each July.

A number of activities take place during the week leading up to the event. Local pubs normally have live entertainment on each night of the week. Local restaurants and Cafés are open for breakfast and offer full menus all day, one or two even advertise a 'bikers breakfast'!

Warning! Motor sport can be dangerous. Despite the organisers taking all reasonable precautions unavoidable accidents can happen, in respect of these you are present at your own risk.

Please comply with all instructions of the Marshals and notices and remain in permitted areas only. The event Officials and Marshals are concerned with your safety please cooperate with their requests.

Alcohol
          It is illegal under Fingal County Council’s Bye-Laws: To consume or attempt to consume, to possess with intent to consume or to supply for consumption Alcoholic Liquor in an open public place. A fixed penalty notice of €63.49 will be served or if found guilty in Court a fine not exceeding €1,904.61 may be imposed.

The Skerries and Killalane road race meetings are Alcohol free events.

Facilities
          Food and Beverage vendors will be available at the event in the Paddock area only. Toilets will be available around the circuit, please check your progamme for locations. First aid facilities will be available around the circuit. A specially designated viewing area with toilets for persons with reduced mobility can be found at Dublin corner. The elevated viewing platform can be accessed by lift.

Pets / Animals
          It is a condition of admission to the circuit and paddock/trackside car/bike parks that no animals are allowed. Any person found in breach of this condition will be deemed a trespasser and be required to leave the event.

The circuits....
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Rashers; 26-06-2012, 10:17 PM.
          'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

one of my brothers lives in loughshinny

Comment

Originally posted by mai View Post
              Lovely area. I love that whole area of Fingal.

Comment

Originally posted by mai View Post
                was there too and got a few lobsters & crabs from my mate

Comment

was there too and got a few lobsters & crabs from my mate
                  do you wanna rephase ,lol

Comment

Originally posted by carmie View Post
                    One entry described the town as the'ultimate childhood playground' with its slot machines and bumper cars down on the seafront,'vinegary bags of chips' and a 'swim in The Springers' all featuring in memories of growing up in the seaside town.
                    we head out there every few weeks ,the grandkids love it , I think that its horrible that fence between the road and the beach , also I THINK THE SLOTS OWE ME A FORTUNE ,LOL , havent said that my son won €80 for a 40 cent steak last week

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy View Post
                      do you wanna rephase ,lol
                      ah ya know what I meant!

Comment

Originally posted by carmie View Post
                        Skerries has been named as second only to Westport as the best small town in Ireland to live in.
                        The competition was run by the Irish Times and invited people from all over Ireland to write in and explain why their neck of the woods was the best little place in the country.
                        Their is only ONE place to live in oireland and that is GLASNEVIN,,,,,,,,,,,,and dont you forget it.love paul

Comment

can't argue with that Paul!

Comment

Originally posted by tolka1 View Post
                            Their is only ONE place to live in oireland and that is GLASNEVIN,,,,,,,,,,,,and dont you forget it.love paul
                            Paul why dont ya move back.....
                            It is what it is.

Comment

ah ya know what I meant!
                              lmao lol

Comment

Skerries -- the place to be for the motorbike racing next Friday and Saturday. If you're there look out for me, and I'll introduce you to Fortypence and one or two others.

Comment

Working...
                                X