Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microwave- Does anyone use it for anything but reheating or defrosting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
    Hedgehogs ???? Tell me you're joking Archie .
    old Romany dish, apparently.......

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
      LOL.....You bake Hedgehogs in mud so the skin and spines all come away together.......
      Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
      old Romany dish, apparently.......
      I remember reading somewhere that were introduced to Britain as a food source .
      There was one outside our window during the summer , he had buried himself inside a dead pigeon devouring it .

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
        Hedgehogs ???? Tell me you're joking Archie .
        of course, I am. They say it the fattiest meat and it taste horrible,

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
          I use it to "make" my Ready Brek every morning......
          same here ,I heat up my instant porridge with a dab of honey, and also sometimes my p.js....true.
          in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

microwave ovens are a result of two American ?? scientists working in a lab using 'microwaves' one of them had a chockky bar in his shirt pocket and it melted during the work they were doing....so he thought he`d build a microwave oven...that's the short story anyway.

Comment

this is not a microwave oven story, but its a cooking disaster. one Christmas many moons ago we were with friends down south, the lady of the house said she put an irish Christmas cake in a tin on the cooker in a pot of water, quite a while after [we were toasting Christmas and anything else for another drink] all of a sudden there was a huge bang , we all went to the kitchen to see the Christmas pudding [wasn`t a cake] all over the walls and cooker and also a big hole blown in the exaust fan housing over the cooker, she forgot to pierce a hole in the tin!!just as well she didn`t go and put her head over the pot to check at blowing time!!

Comment

Working...
              X