Wow!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
    An Irishman / woman who copies English ways...Like Quinner...the citizen of the Irish Republic....lol.
    oh, thanks Damnable

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
      oh, thanks Damnable
      It's ok Katie...That is only used in Northern Ireland..never heard it mentioned by an Englishman in England.....

But, as I have spent eight years with our friends up North I have heard it zillions of times from both sides of the power sharing debacle.....
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
        LOL.....That is what it was referred to in Belfast......But, how would a sailor know that.....

Yes, I am a citizen of the Republic of Ireland and only that....

are you jealous...?
        So am oi....norra lorra eejits know dat.
        We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

WOW !!!! quinner quinner quinner....will ye stop yerself ffs....ye now spinning out of orbit wicher Irish history man.

The partition of Ireland was the division of the island of Ireland into two distinct jurisdictions, Northern Ireland and Southern Ireland. It took place on 3 May 1921 under the Government of Ireland Act 1920.

Remember ???? the King's speech an all dat eh ?.Now I sit and watch how you will limbo dance your way out of that big FU you made.....but you will find a way.....usually by changing tack....Bring it on...

Remember ???? the King's speech an all dat eh ?.
          Just ignore it quinner it might go away....lmao

Comment

oh, thanks Damnable
            Dats me

Comment

Just ignore it quinner it might go away....lmao
              History is always there.......

Whodunnits have a very short time on this earth.......

Now get reading and learn something.......Learn to handle the truth...

Comment

History is always there.......Whodunnits have a very short time on this earth.......Now get reading and learn something.......Learn to handle the truth...
                Me get reading and learning....rofpml....what bout this out an out crap below here.....

Two Irelands were created in 1922......Whether you like it or not....
                WHEN ?....

now don't try fudge it as usual....you got it wrong....didn't you ?
                You the master of the non whodunnit real world....OK Walter.... Mr Mitty...delude yourself as long as ye please but ye better start reading yor Irish History....especially that of the North ye worked and lived in for so long...

Comment

Me get reading and learning....rofpml....what bout this out an out crap below here.....

WHEN ?....

now don't try fudge it as usual....you got it wrong....didn't you ?
                  You the master of the non whodunnit real world....OK Walter.... Mr Mitty...delude yourself as long as ye please but ye better start reading yor Irish History....especially that of the North ye worked and lived in for so long...
                  Lol.....Like I said...amusingly ignorant........

I bet you are fuming that you didn't learn history over all those years you were incarcerated in your steel cell.......

A library full of whodunnits and you were hooded....

''you cannot handle the truth''...........

I await a tirade about the newspapers I don't read.....another form of whodunit///but easy to solve as it was never me.......Haven't read a newspaper since 1969.......for the simple reason that they printed lies.....

Now, why did they not act on the 1918 mandate...?

The Country voted for ''we ourselves''.......Clear as a Bell.....The country heeded Pearse because he had foresight....One Ireland embracing all who live there.............

Comment

what's a shoneen?
                    An Irishman / woman who copies English ways...Like Quinner...the citizen of the Irish Republic....lol.
                    LOL.....That is what it was referred to in Belfast......But, how would a sailor know that.....

Yes, I am a citizen of the Republic of Ireland and only that....

are you jealous...?
                    Shoneen has been replaced by the term 'west brit' in the republic. Amounts to the same thing, more or less...
                    Everything is self-evident.

Comment

I'd love to know what "British ways" are.......sounds a bit silly imo.......

Comment

I'd love to know what "British ways" are.......sounds a bit silly imo.......
                        Hammersmith Broadway......Fulham Broadway etc etc.....

The Pennine way.......

The local Bridleway........

Comment

Hammersmith Broadway......Fulham Broadway etc etc.....

The Pennine way.......

The local Bridleway........
                          ha ha......

Comment

ha ha......

the problem with Ireland is.......They think the UK is what they read in their newspapers......

They even thought UKIP was taking over the UK.......now, that is hilarious......

Comment

to be fair, though, unless you've lived in a country for some time, you're always going to have a somewhat stereotyped view of it - like the way many English people automatically assume Irish people are always drinking and have millions of children.......

Comment

to be fair, though, unless you've lived in a country for some time, you're always going to have a somewhat stereotyped view of it - like the way many English people automatically assume Irish people are always drinking and have millions of children.......
                                well, in the past the Irish did have a deserved reputation in the UK for drinking.....I put it down to the ''being away from home'' factor...

Regards children......most of the English lads around my age that I associate with mainly come from large families....My best mate is one of eleven......That of course varies around the UK......most of my mates are from coal mining families....

How would the village pub where I lived for thirty odd years view me..........drinking every night I was there with my Irish father in law and his Dublin mate.....the only three Irish lads in the Village and in the pub till two every morning........They can only judge what evidence is presented to them...I never saw anybody here reading an Irish paper.....

To be fair....If people want to ''Headline'' then that is their problem......I ignore Headlines and live in the real World.....

Comment

Working...
                                X