No announcement yet.

Glasnevin....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad to see that nans.The great times myself and all my buddies had about the place lol.No problems and they still put up a fence? shame.

Comment

• Originally posted by jembo View Post
      Reminds me of Calais, without the illegal immigrants.
      Originally posted by tolka1 View Post
      Sad to see that nans.The great times myself and all my buddies had about the place lol.No problems and they still put up a fence? shame.
      Yes lads......shame - they have an all weather pitch with it's own security fence - I can understand them protecting that - but this perimeter fence goes all the way around the plot .....must've cost a fortune

Comment

• Sry to hear about the passing of Cora (mulligan ) Roche from the ave.Great family.R.i.p Cora.

Comment

• Originally posted by tolka1 View Post
          Sry to hear about the passing of Cora (mulligan ) Roche from the ave.Great family.R.i.p Cora.
          Ah Paul so sorry to hear of Cora's passing....rip

Pm sent.
          It is what it is.

Comment

• The church was packed I,m told and a great turnout for a lovely person from an old glasnevin family.

Comment

• Sry to hear about our next door neighbour Dessie bell passing and also my good friend dessy lynch .r.i.p.lads

Comment

• Another old friend from the street gone...r.i.p Liam hazzard.

Comment

• Drove by the "Addison Lodge" this morning and it was being bulldozed to the ground.......another Dublin landmark gone.....
                  The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
                    Drove by the "Addison Lodge" this morning and it was being bulldozed to the ground.......another Dublin landmark gone.....
                    Have to say , I wouldn't of been going out of my way to go there ......the pub I mean , not Glasnevin .

Comment

• Just found this thread this morning. As it happens, I've just been told by a knowledgeable tree surgeon that a tree growing in front of my house actually is named "Solanium Glasnevin". I had believed it to be a Jasmine. Lovely blue flowers. I'm wondering do you have many of these trees growing in Glasnevin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Twobob View Post
                        Have to say , I wouldn't of been going out of my way to go there ......the pub I mean , not Glasnevin .
                        Never liked the place....
                        The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lighthouse View Post
                          Just found this thread this morning. As it happens, I've just been told by a knowledgeable tree surgeon that a tree growing in front of my house actually is named "Solanium Glasnevin". I had believed it to be a Jasmine. Lovely blue flowers. I'm wondering do you have many of these trees growing in Glasnevin.

Lighthouse this may be of help to you. The Solanum Crispum is the Potato Vine. In the Botanic Gardens, they developed a new version of this plant,with a pinkish.mauvish colour This bacame known as Solanum Crispum Glasnevin. As far as I know, prior to that they only had white blossoms.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vico2 View Post
                            Lighthouse this may be of help to you. The Solanum Crispum is the Potato Vine. In the Botanic Gardens, they developed a new version of this plant,with a pinkish.mauvish colour This bacame known as Solanum Crispum Glasnevin. As far as I know, prior to that they only had white blossoms.
                            LOL! Vico2. You sound very knowledgeable. That sounds right, as the guy did explain to me that "solanum" indicated "potato". The colour I have is a beautiful deep blue. That's why people told me it is a Jasmine. It grows as a tree with several separate trunks.

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
                              Drove by the "Addison Lodge" this morning and it was being bulldozed to the ground.......another Dublin landmark gone.....
                              Ah no way. We had a few forum meets there but I hadn't set foot in it in years. What is going to be put there now??
                              UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X