Time to go home....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to go home....

We know a lot about Napoleon's retreat from Moscow.......But he actually lost more men on the way to Moscow......
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Originally posted by quinner View Post
    We know a lot about Napoleon's retreat from Moscow.......But he actually lost more men on the way to Moscow......
    Wonder did it ever cross his mind that he Moscow go home now .

Comment

Very interesting ...which reminds me of a nice little Napoleon/Russian story....

1814. The great Empire of Napoleon is living its his last hours. Prussians, Austrians, Bavarians and Russians are at the gates of Paris. Follows the French capitulation and then the entry with great pomp in the capital of the Russian Tsar and his troops.

Staying true to themselves, the soldiers do not not miss an opportunity to visit Parisian bars to – using a cliché – drink a little vodka ! A behaviour though prohibited by the Tsar.

That is why after each command the boss is invariably ordered “быстро, быстро”, meaning “soon, soon! “. In French, быстро is said … bistro!

Not spiteful, parisian still toast, 2 centuries later, to the glory of Russians.

So the Russian word for fast or quickly быстро.....became the French name for Bistro....fast food

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
        Wonder did it ever cross his mind that he Moscow go home now .

I know when he crossed the Niemen getting home was on his mind.....He heard that Paris was Revolting.......

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Rossiter View Post
          Very interesting ...which reminds me of a nice little Napoleon/Russian story....

1814. The great Empire of Napoleon is living its his last hours. Prussians, Austrians, Bavarians and Russians are at the gates of Paris. Follows the French capitulation and then the entry with great pomp in the capital of the Russian Tsar and his troops.

Staying true to themselves, the soldiers do not not miss an opportunity to visit Parisian bars to – using a cliché – drink a little vodka ! A behaviour though prohibited by the Tsar.

That is why after each command the boss is invariably ordered “быстро, быстро”, meaning “soon, soon! “. In French, быстро is said … bistro!

Not spiteful, parisian still toast, 2 centuries later, to the glory of Russians.

So the Russian word for fast or quickly быстро.....became the French name for Bistro....fast food
          The Russians were welcomed into Paris......Probably because being nice to them may have taken revenge from their minds......Though there was plenty of revenge carried out in Russia...Even burying many French soldiers alive.....

Comment

LOL...I thought Bistro meant brewery......

Comment

LOL...I thought Bistro meant brewery......

The Spanish captured a French General (and they were two a penny) and boiled him alive......fast food indeed....

Comment

The Russians were welcomed into Paris......Probably because being nice to them may have taken revenge from their minds......Though there was plenty of revenge carried out in Russia...Even burying many French soldiers alive.....
                What did the French expect .....Love from Russia ?

Comment

What did the French expect .....Love from Russia ?
                  Funny you should say that....Nappo did lol......Though most of the invasion troops were not French.....

Comment

Funny you should say that....Nappo did lol......Though most of the invasion troops were not French.....
                    Rather interesting but if Russia had not been a distraction for the French, Germans , Poles , Swedish and many others ....the world would be a very different place today ....methinks!

Comment

Rather interesting but if Russia had not been a distraction for the French, Germans , Poles , Swedish and many others ....the world would be a very different place today ....methinks!
                      All past events have shaped the world into what it is today.......

If Nappo hadn't sold ''French' America I wonder how it would look today.....

Comment

All past events have shaped the world into what it is today.......

If Nappo hadn't sold ''French' America I wonder how it would look today.....
                        Or if Russia had not sold resource rich Alaska to the Yanks for a pittance ......oh regrets .......don't make me sad quinner

Comment

Or if Russia had not sold resource rich Alaska to the Yanks for a pittance ......oh regrets .......don't make me sad quinner
                          lol....History is not for making people sad.....

Was Alaska really Russia's to sell......I reckon Russia did a wise thing there as they could never have held Alaska....

Back to Nappo's obsession with killing Frenchmen and others.....

Comment

lol....History is not for making people sad.....

Was Alaska really Russia's to sell......I reckon Russia did a wise thing there as they could never have held Alaska....

Back to Nappo's obsession with killing Frenchmen and others.....
                            Was Northern Ireland ever ours ?

Comment

Was Northern Ireland ever ours ?
                              lol..Southern Ireland was never mine.........

''Ireland'' was Ireland in the 1918 General election......Self-serving people divided it.......

Some had good reason, others made feeble excuses..... Democracy was given the elbow......

Comment

Working...
                              X