Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitefriar Street-Paddy Grouse

Hi

I've never used these before so don't know if this is right!!
    My grandad used to sell papers outside the church on whitefriar street so just wondering has anyone old photos of him!
    I wanted to surprise my mam with a few!!
    Thanks
    Louise x

Hello Louise and welcome to the forum.

A look through the photos here might bring up what you are looking for. I think I saw such a pic there. http://www.dublinforum.net/forum/showthread.php?t=15
    'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Thanks rashers!

Comment

Originally posted by Louise View Post
        Thanks rashers!
        Sorry I have no Photos Louise....Though I knew his face well....My Dad worked for Mousy selling Papers outside the Green Picture House in the Week and in Whitefriar Place outside the Church on Sunday Mornings....

I believe there is a Photo on the Forum somewhere.....Maybe the Poster ''Richsaint'' can help you....
        Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
          Sorry I have no Photos Louise....Though I knew his face well....My Dad worked for Mousy selling Papers outside the Green Picture House in the Week and in Whitefriar Place outside the Church on Sunday Mornings....

I believe there is a Photo on the Forum somewhere.....Maybe the Poster ''Richsaint'' can help you....
          Or the Poster 'Goldenlaner''.....
          Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Louise View Post
            Hi

I've never used these before so don't know if this is right!!
            My grandad used to sell papers outside the church on whitefriar street so just wondering has anyone old photos of him!
            I wanted to surprise my mam with a few!!
            Thanks
            Louise x
            I think he had a brother called Peter who also sold papers.By coincidence I was looking for a part for a car when I saw an ad for a place called Jap Parts when I rang the number the guy told me he had come over from South Africa to start a business selling Japanese parts and through the conversation he said his name was Grouse and I think he was related to yous.

Comment

Hi Louise, Sorry I don't have aphoto of Paddy, but I knew him and Mrs Grouse very well. Paddy delivered evening papers to my family for years and believe it or not I was only thinking of him a few minutes ago when I saw the photo on the forum of the man and child pushing the box car in Marlborough Street.

The photo reminded me of when we were very young kids we got trolly wheels from Moores garage off Aungier Street and were looking for a box to make a box car. When we asked Paddy did he know where we might get one he assured us that Fanagans had lots of boxes and if we asked nicely and said Paddy sent us they'd look after us. Needless to say they didn't oblige

Comment

I had two photos of him that I posted (though maybe not on this site) - I'll have to look them up later and see if they're still on my hard drive.
                Do what you love - love what you do.

Comment

Working...
                X