Drama Series Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dinny View Post
    The best Police drama in years is returning tomorrow night for a 4th series on BBC1 @ 9pm....Line of Duty ......watched the 3rd series again this week just to refresh my memory...Excellent
    Loving the Line of Duty 4th series. Never watched it before...might try to find the first 3 series somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by barefoot View Post
      Loving the Line of Duty 4th series. Never watched it before...might try to find the first 3 series somewhere.
      Can't keep HQ1 away from it....must admit, saw the first one.....excellent.....great writer.....Jed Mercurio.....what a mind...he is something else ...in 2016 it ranked among the best BBC shows of all time.
      Attached Files
      We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Originally posted by barefoot View Post
        Would be worth your while BF....first 3 series were excellent ...and gives you a great insight into all the main characters
        The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Watched the series "Prime Suspect 1973" over the last two nights....I really liked it , was a bit slow to start with but got better and the ending was very good....also Stefanie Martini was very watchable as a 22 year old Jane Tennison...hope they make a second series

Comment

Does anyone like the new Maigret? Rowan Atkinson as Maigret seems the worst piece of miscasting in years. The character is suppose to be a big man. The Michael Gambon Maigret is far superior IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
              Does anyone like the new Maigret? Rowan Atkinson as Maigret seems the worst piece of miscasting in years. The character is suppose to be a big man. The Michael Gambon Maigret is far superior IMO.
              Seen one episode Napper......couldn't get mr bean out of head watching it....wasn't very impressed with it

Comment

Seen one episode Napper......couldn't get mr bean out of head watching it....wasn't very impressed with it
                Same Dinny, ITV seems to be sticking with him, another episode over Easter.

Comment

"Born to Kill" Looks like a good 4 part thriller starting on Channel 4 tonight @ 9pm...

Comment

"Born to Kill" Looks like a good 4 part thriller starting on Channel 4 tonight @ 9pm...
                    Thanks Dinny...

Comment

Good series just started on BBC 1, it's set in Dublin so probably already been on Irish TV. It's called Paula. Very good psychological thriller, well-written and acted......looking forward to episode 2.

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                        Good series just started on BBC 1, it's set in Dublin so probably already been on Irish TV. It's called Paula. Very good psychological thriller, well-written and acted......looking forward to episode 2.
                        Looks good ....i am recording it and will watch all 3 episodes together......also I meant to record the new Jimmy McGovern series "Broken" but missed the first episode and we can't get UK playback here....i'm fuming

Comment

Looks good ....i am recording it and will watch all 3 episodes together......also I meant to record the new Jimmy McGovern series "Broken" but missed the first episode and we can't get UK playback here....i'm fuming
                          i don't think that's started yet, it was postponed because of the Manchester bombing.....apparently it's set in a non-specified northern city...it's now starting on tuesday i think.

Comment

i don't think that's started yet, it was postponed because of the Manchester bombing.....apparently it's set in a non-specified northern city...it's now starting on tuesday i think.
                            Correct.

Comment

Dinny will be fuming that he was previously fuming for no reason....

Comment

Dinny will be fuming that he was previously fuming for no reason....
                                I'm delighted .....Jimmy McGovern is brilliant....my favourite series writer ....also like Anna Friel

Comment

Working...
                                X