Trump, the last days in office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quinner View Post
    He does plan to cut taxes and bring jobs back, good jobs..........His very words......

Do you remember the ''Swinging sixties''.........JFK nearly spoilt them.....
    I was born six months after JFK was assassinated, so no, I don't remember the swinging sixties. LOL
    I'm so stressed about all of this. The travel ban for one. Although it's causing a LOT of debate, the fact is President Obama declared those countries places of concern. Some have said President Trump didn't list countries he has equities in - but those countries (foolishly perhaps) weren't IDd as countries of concern! The Dakota pipeline... Obama didn't kill that. It was always scheduled to continue. Trump has changed it, saying US products have to be used.
    Now don't misunderstand. I'm not taking one side over the other. My opinions do not go along any party line - but I despise misinformation, and both sides are putting out just that. Alternate facts are not just a Republican thing and it's making me worry about where we're headed as a country.

Comment

Did I hear right that Trump will be bringing his final two choices for the one Supreme Court Seat on TV tonight and deciding on air who he will hire? I have a fiver on Judge Judy.

Comment

Originally posted by Eileen View Post
        I was born six months after JFK was assassinated, so no, I don't remember the swinging sixties. LOL
        I'm so stressed about all of this. The travel ban for one. Although it's causing a LOT of debate, the fact is President Obama declared those countries places of concern. Some have said President Trump didn't list countries he has equities in - but those countries (foolishly perhaps) weren't IDd as countries of concern! The Dakota pipeline... Obama didn't kill that. It was always scheduled to continue. Trump has changed it, saying US products have to be used.
        Now don't misunderstand. I'm not taking one side over the other. My opinions do not go along any party line - but I despise misinformation, and both sides are putting out just that. Alternate facts are not just a Republican thing and it's making me worry about where we're headed as a country.
        How many jobs will the completed pipeline bring?

Comment

Originally posted by Eileen View Post
          They were great times Eileen.....The 70's were just as good..come to think of it, I cannot remember any bad decades in my time......I have always been in a position to walk from one job to another.....In fact the joke was ''if you make one phone call, you get three jobs''.....There are bad areas everywhere..I did not live in any of those areas.....
          I do hope there is success in America, yes you are number one and deserve to be treated like that.....The EU are now concerned that the USA wont come to their aid......What they mean is the USA wont spend billions defending them while they sit there criticising you all........Stay proud and laugh at the outsiders shitting themselves.......
          Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
            I listened to a couple of UK phone ins on Trump and his policies and I have to say he seems very popular in the UK, 2/3 of callers were in favor of him and wished the UK had more politicians like him. One of the phone ins was on the BBC which is considered to have a liberal bias so it was a surprise to hear. Then today a counter petition was set up in support of his state visit.

Parliament UK

134k signed already
            Signed ... or pressed a button .....?

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
              Name, postcode and email needed but since I didn't fill it out they may not have a defense for bots.

Pity the map only shows the constituencies of the first 100,000 who signed up. Unionist NI constituencies seemed to have voted more for this petition than the earlier cancel the Trump state visit one.

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post

Be careful as somebody mentioned that kids are ''signing'' petitions.....LOL...

I haven't met an adult yet that mentioned him....But, Politics is not usually on the agenda over here....

I went to the Local Labour party Club yesterday.......The only thing that was mentioned was the up coming bye-election......and only by one person......

Brexit is now a dead subject except for those that earn a living keeping it going.....

Here is not Dublin and never will be regarding Politics.....

Comment

Be careful as somebody mentioned that kids are ''signing'' petitions.....LOL...

I haven't met an adult yet that mentioned him....But, Politics is not usually on the agenda over here....

I went to the Local Labour party Club yesterday.......The only thing that was mentioned was the up coming bye-election......and only by one person......

Brexit is now a dead subject except for those that earn a living keeping it going.....

Here is not Dublin and never will be regarding Politics.....
                  That's true and you have my sympathies... sounds like you're living in a right kip.
                  Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
                    That's true and you have my sympathies... sounds like you're living in a right kip.
                    Sounds like you are panicking over Brexit and Trump's future plans......I await events..

Comment

... sounds like you're living in a right kip.
                      A ukip.

Comment

A ukip.
                        Seems you have lost count of their MP's...........Far too many people allow ''Arthur Guinness'' to speak on their behalf.....

Comment

Maybe Trump is one of them there Reptile People.............

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                            Maybe Trump is one of them there Reptile People.............
                            He should be at home with the Windsors then......

Comment

Seems you have lost count of their MP's...........Far too many people allow ''Arthur Guinness'' to speak on their behalf.....
                              Nigel Farage has done more to screw up your country in one year than Arthur Guinness has managed to do with this one in three hundred.

Comment

Nigel Farage has done more to screw up your country in one year than Arthur Guinness has managed to do with this one in three hundred.
                                LOL...it seems you are familiar with his alleged deeds.....As I don't know anybody that voted or will vote for him, I will leave it up to you to speculate....

In my experience, it was Tony Blair and Gordon Brown who did more than anyone for Brexit......Helped by Cameron who I believe helped get more ''don't knows'' than anyone could have imagined possible to make up their minds to leave......Starting with his sham negotiations and then his outlandish claims during the run up to the referendum......

Whatever the future holds remains to be seen.....Your wishes I believe will remain just that.....

LOL...Theresa May's statement about the possibility of reducing business tax has been Tory long-term policy long long before she was even home secretary....But, certainly not before she was a silent Brexiteer......
                                I do hope Ireland will make its own decisions during the Negotiations.....But I fear it will just do as it is told by Brussels....

''to the future'' as I raise my cup of tea........I do hope you are just one of a few Irishmen obsessed by Farage.....You are certainly the only person I have met who is.....

Comment

Working...
                                X