Cigarette Smoke And Black Lungs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
    yeppers........and the big trick is to avoid doctors.
    Helen; I tried avoiding the doctors till I had to have a tripple bypass 14 years ago.I watched all these geezers around me hacking with pillows up to their chests,and I didn't have to.When i mentioned it to the surgeon,he told me that the reason I didn't have to was because my lungs were clear,and I realised I had also saved a lot of money.lol

Comment

Right and Wrong eh.

Long term exposure of the lungs to the irritants in tobacco smoke destroys the normal lung structure. The elastic walls of the small airways within the lungs are broken down. This reduces the amount of lung tissue available for the transfer of oxygen from the air to the blood. This condition is called emphysema. Some degree of emphysema is found in almost all people who are long-term smokers, however the severity will vary depending on the amount of cigarettes smoked, and the number of years the individual smokes.
      Attached Files
      We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

I think the Liver is more important as I have heard it is harder to repair....

That is why I gave up drinking fourteen years ago....
        Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Is that why you are so grumpy??

Comment

Originally posted by quinner
            Well, yours will remember you long after you have gone.....Deep breaths, inflate those lungs completely....
            Mine ? lily pink.

Comment

As a medical professional I can tell you that cigarette smoking will kill you sooner or later and in the meantime will impact on your lifestyle, not to mention your pocket.

Stop it now while you still can. One day it will be too late.

Comment

Of course you are totally right but people have the right to smoke or not to smoke.....as long as it does not get in my lungs.lol.
                Again I feel sorry for people who smoke as I smoked myself yrs ago.

Comment

Originally posted by tolka1 View Post
                  Of course you are totally right but people have the right to smoke or not to smoke.....as long as it does not get in my lungs.lol.
                  Again I feel sorry for people who smoke as I smoked myself yrs ago.
                  they make ye hack yer lungs up in deh mornins.

Comment

well dont waste yizzers time feeling sorry for my lungs hehehee.......theyre really happy black and all....and hey no one survives life and gets out alive hehee

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                      well dont waste yizzers time feeling sorry for my lungs hehehee.......theyre really happy black and all....and hey no one survives life and gets out alive hehee
                      Good luck with all that missus and yer right about not getting out of here BUT lol I,m going to give it my best shot lol and herself waiting for me (I hope?) lol.
                      I understand the difficulty you have like others trying to kick it but what the hell if it makes you happy ....fill yer boots.

Comment

Originally posted by pauline.fitz View Post
                        As a medical professional I can tell you that cigarette smoking will kill you sooner or later and in the meantime will impact on your lifestyle, not to mention your pocket.

Stop it now while you still can. One day it will be too late.
                        You may as talk to the wall Pauline . My sister was wheeled out to the balcony in Marymount Hospice in Cork for her last cigarette before she died in 2012 , A lifelong smoker , she was only 60 and absolutely nothing would make her stop . She used to convince herself that the proper cigarettes sold in shops were not that dangerous compared to the ones sold on the streets .My brother , also a heavy smoker dropped dead on the street at 45 years of age ,My Da . a chain smoker was only 63 , when he died . None of them went gently into that good night . They are horrible deaths and leave a lot of loved ones behind who didnt deserve to have such people robbed from their lives so early .

Comment

My Da died a horrible death in 1971, I never got to say goodbye to Him,,I got a telegram saying he had passed away,,,Eddy Calvert was playing,,,Oh My Pa Pa on the radio at the Post office when I collected the Gram ,, how strange,,,Feckin Willie Woodbines Killed Him,and when He saw me last in 1969 At Dublin Airport, He said ! I will never see you again,,feck I miss me Da,,
                          I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
                            You may as talk to the wall Pauline . My sister was wheeled out to the balcony in Marymount Hospice in Cork for her last cigarette before she died in 2012 , A lifelong smoker , she was only 60 and absolutely nothing would make her stop . She used to convince herself that the proper cigarettes sold in shops were not that dangerous compared to the ones sold on the streets .My brother , also a heavy smoker dropped dead on the street at 45 years of age ,My Da . a chain smoker was only 63 , when he died . None of them went gently into that good night . They are horrible deaths and leave a lot of loved ones behind who didnt deserve to have such people robbed from their lives so early .
                            That's right.

Comment

Originally posted by tommie View Post
                              My Da died a horrible death in 1971, I never got to say goodbye to Him,,I got a telegram saying he had passed away,,,Eddy Calvert was playing,,,Oh My Pa Pa on the radio at the Post office when I collected the Gram ,, how strange,,,Feckin Willie Woodbines Killed Him,and when He saw me last in 1969 At Dublin Airport, He said ! I will never see you again,,feck I miss me Da,,
                              That's sad T, very sad. The other side of the coin....my Da a chain smoker most of his life......was at it for about 70 years, then when it hit him and he gaspin for breath one night.....they fixed him up, and although lung damage was done, he went on te smoke a pipe until he was 94....working on half a Ventolin tab a day.

You just can't tell. I don't do cigs anymore but I did 20/35 a day up to when I gave up 18 months ago.....though no after affects as yet....the jury's out on if I've fully gotten away with it or not. Mind you me bank Manager is still delirious.........

Comment

Hope you are clear and they are some storys.We used to have an ad on here of a waitress dying,gone now,who got it from second hand smoke at her work and never smoked I her life.

Comment

Working...
                                X