This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
    It wouldn't have been beyond the capabilities of reconstruction. Anything cept that fin spike thing... what were they thinking about....bang-feckin-head !!!!!
    O'Connell Street had declined ever further by the erection of a pile of scrap metal.
    I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
    Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

• Originally posted by quinner View Post
      that ''fin spike thing''.....represents modern Ireland...heading for the top, and taking it's rightful place in the family of Nations.......
      An oim the kinga tonga.
      We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• Originally posted by jembo View Post
        O'Connell Street had declined ever further by the erection of a pile of scrap metal.
        Very true...Start a 'get rid' campaign eh. Face in the rubble...........Oul nelson took a powder an he blew...........
        Attached Files

Comment

An oim the kinga tonga.
          Sure we know that....

Maybe somebody had a weird sense of humour.....it could represent a syringe needle....
          Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Sure we know that....Maybe somebody had a weird sense of humour.....it could represent a syringe needle....
            An ironic symbol of the heroin epidemic

Comment

An ironic symbol of the heroin epidemic
              And Iconic......

Comment

And Iconic......
                Indeed..... a tragic situation......while addicts were dying in squalor for the lack of help, the corpo go spend €4.8 million on a piece of rubbish that does absolutely nothing.

As for the self cleaning bit.... what eejits are they taking the inhabitants for ?.

The astonishing sum has been spent since the Spire was erected in 2003, and is almost half the €4.6m construction cost.

The huge sum will come as an embarrassment to Dublin City Council, which is cutting capital spending in areas such as social housing, roads, sports and cultural facilities by 50pc over the next three years.

The Spire -- nicknamed the 'Stiletto in the Ghetto' -- was originally touted as being 'self-cleaning' as it was designed to allow rain to flow off, taking any dirt with it. Indeed, because of this it is still believed to require less cleaning than it would otherwise.

However, an average of almost €225,000 has been spent on maintaining the structure each year between 2003 and 2011.

Figures obtained by the Irish Independent show that the largest sum was paid in 2007 when €435,432 was spent on cleaning and lighting repairs. Similar work costing €324,868 was carried out the following year.

Comment

Indeed..... a tragic situation......while addicts were dying in squalor for the lack of help, the corpo go spend €4.8 million on a piece of rubbish that does absolutely nothing.

As for the self cleaning bit.... what eejits are they taking the inhabitants for ?.

The astonishing sum has been spent since the Spire was erected in 2003, and is almost half the €4.6m construction cost.

The huge sum will come as an embarrassment to Dublin City Council, which is cutting capital spending in areas such as social housing, roads, sports and cultural facilities by 50pc over the next three years.

The Spire -- nicknamed the 'Stiletto in the Ghetto' -- was originally touted as being 'self-cleaning' as it was designed to allow rain to flow off, taking any dirt with it. Indeed, because of this it is still believed to require less cleaning than it would otherwise.

However, an average of almost €225,000 has been spent on maintaining the structure each year between 2003 and 2011.

Figures obtained by the Irish Independent show that the largest sum was paid in 2007 when €435,432 was spent on cleaning and lighting repairs. Similar work costing €324,868 was carried out the following year.
                  http://www.independent.ie/irish-news...-26856389.html
                  A tidy sum (excuse the pun).......I wouldn't for one minute assume the responsibilities of deciding what the Corpo. spends it's money on.......

But, I will assume it could have been better spent......

Comment

A tidy sum (excuse the pun).......I wouldn't for one minute assume the responsibilities of deciding what the Corpo. spends it's money on.......But, I will assume it could have been better spent......
                    Yeah the figures speak for themselves... no wonder it's broke.

Comment

Yeah the figures speak for themselves... no wonder it's broke.
                      As is Somerset County Council.......

Not a spire in sight.........(Maybe, no sense of humour).....

Comment

As is Somerset County Council.......

Not a spire in sight.........(Maybe, no sense of humour).....
                        ......LOL. Antiques ship London... on unofficial temp loan.
                        Attached Files

Comment

......LOL. Antiques ship London... on unofficial temp loan.
                          I recall reading of its appearance at the pub in london owned by an Irishman
                          Butty Sugrue

Old age and treachery will outdo youth and skill anyday

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharkface View Post
                            I recall reading of its appearance at the pub in london owned by an Irishman
                            Butty Sugrue

http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=1636,2830595
                            Sugrue ran the ''wellington'' pub on Shepherds Bush Green in London.....My local for many years.......

Not sure if he owned it.....he took over from a Manager that did a ''Moonlighter''.....

And the three before him were only Managers.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharkface View Post
                              I recall reading of its appearance at the pub in london owned by an Irishman Butty Sugrue
                              http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=1636,2830595
                              LOL... didn't know that..... 'Op Carry on Leprechaun' lmao.
                              Getting the head off oul Nelson.
                              Attached Files

Comment

LOL... didn't know that..... 'Op Carry on Leprechaun' lmao.
                                Getting the head off oul Nelson.
                                A fine body of men,only one fracking head between them.
                                I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                                Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Working...
                                X