X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice photos

Comment

• I was under Fusiliers Arch last April listening to a Dublin Tour Guide telling his charges about the Arch. Fecking ejit must have just come off a bar stool. He got the build date wrong at 1905 and gave the wrong information about the number of names inscribed on the Arch.

Fucking disgrace to his native City.
      Last edited by jembo; 24-11-2017, 08:24 PM.
      I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
      Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
        I spend half my time correcting Pinterest tags....ppl just attach wrong info and on it goes.......I'm nearly sure it's LA and not Tulsa...(wan lorra spies are better dan de udders).
        could be ..Dublin, ohio ?
        in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

• Originally posted by cosmo View Post
          could be ..Dublin, ohio ?
          Deffo Los Angeles Cos...
          We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Deffo Los Angeles Cos...
            is dat a definite maybe or or straight up the line gen!!... I saw it on a Dublin ,ohio page also ..we need positive evidence here. get yer dicks out again!!.
            in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

• Originally posted by cosmo View Post
              is dat a definite maybe or or straight up the line gen!!... I saw it on a Dublin ,ohio page also ..we need positive evidence here. get yer dicks out again!!.
              Ouu La La..... This is part of the screed that came with the pic....... November 21st 1951.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by DAMNTHEWEATHER; 25-11-2017, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Ouu La La..... This is part of the screed that came with the pic....... November 21st 1951.
                Lovely shot Dam .

Comment

I saw that photo on Facebook yesterday and they said it was Switzers window.I haven’t a clue.

Comment

• Think it might be Macy's NYC...

Comment

• this is getting like that picture of "yer man" in the jacket.......

Comment

• We will all end up in a straight jacket

Comment

• Originally posted by rasher View Post
                          I saw that photo on Facebook yesterday and they said it was Switzers window.I haven’t a clue.
                          Never ceases to disappoint when I see such tangled misinformation about Dub Pix on Pinterest.

Let's untangle this one good and proper:

The pic can hardly be Switzers Dublin 1951 as is claimed by a number of Dub sites.
                          As mentioned earlier, the clothing is hardly Dublin 1951.... as Din observed "turned up jeans" and as I said "the kids are too well dressed, groomed and fed"

At the extreme left is what is more than likely a sign for the Hilton Hotel, there were no Hilton Hotels in Dublin in 1951.

So how did it all go so wrong:

1. In 2009, a chap called Eric Richardson did a piece with this pic in the Los Angeles Examiner about the major department store Christmas Windows and how they never failed to attract ppl into Downtown LA.

2. 2013 Eric's photo was nicked and uploaded by Pinterest.com' on Pinterest.

3. Next...2013 the pic was nicked by Emerald Interiors in Dublin and uploaded as "Switzers Grafton Street"

4. It was then nicked by "Old Dublin Town.com" in 2014 and uploaded by them as "Switzers Grafton Street".

5. In between time many individual 'pinners' nicked the pic and called it many things.....but to fuel the "Switzers" fire....it was nicked from "DublinOldTown.com"....by "Grafton Street Monthly"....who also claimed it was Switzers......

To be honest I rather believe the Los Angeles story by Eric Richardson....and here it is as posted below.....and I don't think we can get any better than that.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Would you be standing in your shirt looking into a window on Grafton St on 21 November ......besides that view of Switzers you would be able to see up Grafton St....not at a LTD sign
                            The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
                              Would you be standing in your shirt looking into a window on Grafton St on 21 November ......besides that view of Switzers you would be able to see up Grafton St....not at a LTD sign
                              I'm convinced it's a HILTON hotel sign Din. If you enlarge it u can see it's an O and not a D as I first thought.

Agree....LA in a shirt at that time of year would be different.
                              November is the start of the rainy season in Los Angeles, and temperatures begin to decline with an average temperature of 17°C (about 62°F).

The average high temperature still reaches 23°C (around 73°F) but can also reach as low as 10°C (about 50°F).

Comment

• It's an O right enough DTW
                                The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Working...
                                X