Piles Buildings Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piles Buildings Chat

The first pic by BRIDGE from 1964/5 and No 2 by Polito 45 'outside No6'.
    Attached Files
    We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Other pix I collected from posters in here and elsewhere.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
      Other pix I collected from posters in here and elsewhere.
      first pic is the grave of the Olga Bar........

photographer was looking in 'Goldenlaner's' window.......lol......
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Sitting here now I can visualise me and my Mam in the Agents office in Dawson street when she picked up the Key to move into Number 3 Piles Buildings...From a one room flat in Wood Street into a two room flat with electricity in Arthurs Lane.....

We had won the Lottery was the feeling.....

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
          Sitting here now I can visualise me and my Mam in the Agents office in Dawson street when she picked up the Key to move into Number 3 Piles Buildings...From a one room flat in Wood Street into a two room flat with electricity in Arthurs Lane.....

We had won the Lottery was the feeling.....
          The couple with two children who had lived in number 3.......Had been evicted.....

The reality of Dublin..''in the rare old times''.......

Comment

The flat above us in number 3 was rented by a Mrs Kelly......She lived in London most of her life and came to Dublin roughly every two years for a holiday......

If anybody watched the 'Balcombe street'' siege on the news you could see the flat where she lived in London......

My future Brother in law came to visit her in Dublin when he was in the Irish Army.....That is how my sister met him......

Comment

first pic is the grave of the Olga Bar........

photographer was looking in 'Goldenlaner's' window.......lol......
              Is that the back of Piles Bldgs ?.

Comment

Is that the back of Piles Bldgs ?.
                That is number one Upper Stephen street ...Sineys is in Golden Lane and the photographer is standing in Longford street.....

A complicated corner indeed........

Comment

That is number one Upper Stephen street ...Sineys is in Golden Lane and the photographer is standing in Longford street.....

To the right of Siney's is the pub on the Corner of Ship street with Dublin Castle on the opposite corner....

Comment

The first pic by BRIDGE from 1964/5 and No 2 by Polito 45 'outside No6'.
                    just noticed the name of our newest member......his initials could be in the top picture........

Comment

Sitting here now I can visualise me and my Mam in the Agents office in Dawson street when she picked up the Key to move into Number 3 Piles Buildings...From a one room flat in Wood Street into a two room flat with electricity in Arthurs Lane.....We had won the Lottery was the feeling.....
                      I can imagine it was "just the ticket" eh ?.

The couple with two children who had lived in number 3.......Had been evicted.....The reality of Dublin..''in the rare old times''.......
                      I'll never forget all the moonlight flits I witnessed as a nipper....ppl moving lumps of furniture from one to other on a pram....No Pickford's there eh ?.

Comment

Ahh right....
                        Attached Files

Comment

The flat above us in number 3 was rented by a Mrs Kelly......She lived in London most of her life and came to Dublin roughly every two years for a holiday......

If anybody watched the 'Balcombe street'' siege on the news you could see the flat where she lived in London......

My future Brother in law came to visit her in Dublin when he was in the Irish Army.....That is how my sister met him......
                          Interesting....Money te burn then....and great not to have any noise from the empty flat....shudda broke in and used it as overflow accom

Comment

Ahhhh yes...gotcha now.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Interesting....Money te burn then....and great not to have any noise from the empty flat....shudda broke in and used it as overflow accom
                              LOL....No electricity up there as she was away when the fitted it in the flats....our flat had the wires on the surface of the ceiling as they could not enter her flat to put them under the floorboards......The rent was very cheap compared to the lovely flat she had in Balcombe street in Marlebone in central London....

Comment

Working...
                              X