Arthur Fields The man On The Bridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exceeded limit so second effort

Cannot do, photo is 79 KB and limit is 19 KB. I am 4th kid from left, second row from top

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Monks View Post
      Thought you were a Clanbrasil Street lad but of course as with so many you prob moved out of city to Inchicore ? Few Monks moved to Inchicore and settled, grandfather to The Ranch where the Da was born and reared. All railway people.

Attaching the photo Facebook obliged me with and cropped one of myself. trying to figure a while now what year actually made Confo
      No...just visiting my aunty n uncle in Inchicore.......we did move out of Clanb St but to Rathmines 4 brand new blocks of flats behind the cop shop. My Da grew up in the Ranch and all family were Railway going back to GGF.... from Phoenix St to the Bungalow...Ring Street off Tyrconnell Rd......all Inchicore through n through. Fancy that....where in Ranch did your live.
      We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Monks View Post
        Exceeded limit so second effort

Cannot do, photo is 79 KB and limit is 19 KB. I am 4th kid from left, second row from top
        Brill ye found that pic...

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
          No...just visiting my aunty n uncle in Inchicore.......we did move out of Clanb St but to Rathmines 4 brand new blocks of flats behind the cop shop. My Da grew up in the Ranch and all family were Railway going back to GGF.... from Phoenix St to the Bungalow...Ring Street off Tyrconnell Rd......all Inchicore through n through. Fancy that....where in Ranch did your live.
          Did you have a Cousin or Uncle called Ernie.....Ginger hair and freckles.....
          Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
            Did you have a Cousin or Uncle called Ernie.....Ginger hair and freckles.....
            no.......

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
              no.......

Same surname as yourself...Ernie Theweather.....lived in Inchicore....
              Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Going through some of my mothers photo's and found one of me aged 12 taken on O'Connell bridge by Arthur Fields
                The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Originally posted by dinny View Post
                  Going through some of my mothers photo's and found one of me aged 12 taken on O'Connell bridge by Arthur Fields
                  They have a website and fb page....one of the first to put my pics there....they also did a display of Photos in Meeting house sq....it was very emotional.....I think I have a pic or two in some of the books they later produced.....for some it was the only photo they had of a relation...Nice pic to have Dinny

Comment

Originally posted by dinny View Post
                    Stick it up then.....

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                      Stick it up then.....
                      Looks nothing like me.......at any stage in my life even 12 lol

Comment

I was just talking to my sister in America and we had a different recollection of how you actually got the developed photos from Arthur Fields. She maintains that there was a small basement shop in O Connell Street where you could view the pics and purchase them . Is she right ?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post
                          I was just talking to my sister in America and we had a different recollection of how you actually got the developed photos from Arthur Fields. She maintains that there was a small basement shop in O Connell Street where you could view the pics and purchase them . Is she right ?
                          As far as I remember you paid him and gave him your address and he sent them to you.Now this could have been another photographer I am not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by rasher View Post
                            As far as I remember you paid him and gave him your address and he sent them to you.Now this could have been another photographer I am not sure.
                            That's right rasher......I had a couple of photo's done by him.....paid him and they were posted out.......
                            There was another guy who worked on O'Connell St....he took your photo whether you liked it or not , then gave you a card for a photo shop and you went in and your photo was on the wall with 100's of others , if you liked it you bought it , if not you didn't ...

Comment

The other photographer was probably Max Studios 56 Lr O Connell Street
                              Its in this photo their sign is at bottom of the Taxi sign
                              You did go in and see a preview of the photo
                              Attached Files

Comment

The man himself
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X