Attack in Westminster...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attack in Westminster...

Not sure why no mention of this was auto-generated in the News section.

Our sympathies are with all the victims and their families...
    Everything is self-evident.

Originally posted by cogito View Post
    Not sure why no mention of this was auto-generated in the News section.

Our sympathies are with all the victims and their families...
    I echo that cogs and not forgetting the bravery of the people who went help.
    I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
    Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Originally posted by jembo View Post
      I echo that cogs and not forgetting the bravery of the people who went help.
      For the life of me I can't understand why the regular constables in this day and are not armed,and the same applies to the Gardai. You might as well have a nun on patrol.This unfortunate constable would have at least had a fighting chance of staying alive. The western countries need to get their heads out,and fight fire with firepower,or otherwise we are going to be overrun by this insanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed O'Gorman View Post
        For the life of me I can't understand why the regular constables in this day and are not armed,and the same applies to the Gardai. You might as well have a nun on patrol.This unfortunate constable would have at least had a fighting chance of staying alive. The western countries need to get their heads out,and fight fire with firepower,or otherwise we are going to be overrun by this insanity.
        Garda with fire arms? They can't even stop drunk drivers Ed, imagine giving the inbred ones guns.....

Its outdated and the current Commissioner has expressed pride in having unarmed Garda and IMO Ireland is ripe for a terrorist attack.
        Last edited by Napper Tandy; 23-03-2017, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Attached Files
          "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, misdiagnosing it, and then misapplying the wrong remedies.â€

Comment

Originally posted by napper tandy View Post
            garda with fire arms? They can't even stop drunk drivers ed, imagine giving the inbred ones guns.....

its outdated and the current commissioner has expressed pride in having unarmed garda and imo ireland is ripe for a terrorist attack.
            lmao

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
              Garda with fire arms? They can't even stop drunk drivers Ed, imagine giving the inbred ones guns.....

Its outdated and the current Commissioner has expressed pride in having unarmed Garda and IMO Ireland is ripe for a terrorist attack.
              A very interesting attachment napper. I was just wondering, what is your source regarding your comment on inbred Garda Officers?
              Last edited by jembo; 28-03-2017, 07:57 PM.

Comment

A very interesting attachment napper. I was just wondering, what is your source regarding your comment on inbred Garda Officers?
                Experience Jembo, I know 10 Garda, 4 of them are couples and of the 10, 7 of them had/have brothers/sisters or father or uncle in the Garda. 2 had a grandfather. Its not easy reforming an organisation that has that many family attachments.

Comment

Very very sad.......Children as well.......

I walked across that Bridge in November 1961.(a homeless penniless but proud waif)....I spoke to the policeman on duty there and he directed me to the Salvation Army Hostel in nearby Smith Square......Next morning I walked to Mill Hill and hitch-hiked to Birmingham.....
                  Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Experience Jembo, I know 10 Garda, 4 of them are couples and of the 10, 7 of them had/have brothers/sisters or father or uncle in the Garda. 2 had a grandfather. Its not easy reforming an organisation that has that many family attachments.
                    Inbreeding is the result of incestuous sexual relationships. Are you saying,from your experience,that the 10 Garda you know are all engaged in this?

Comment

Inbreeding is the result of incestuous sexual relationships. Are you saying,from your experience,that the 10 Garda you know are all engaged in this?
                      Perhaps I should have used ingrained.

Comment

Perhaps I should have used ingrained.
                        Perhaps. However, the fact that one has a wife,brother,father or grandfather in the same uniformed environment as yourself does not apply that you cannot do your job efficiently. That would be an unfair discription of that environment and the people who serve in it.

Comment

Perhaps. However, the fact that one has a wife,brother,father or grandfather in the same uniformed environment as yourself does not apply that you cannot do your job efficiently. That would be an unfair discription of that environment and the people who serve in it.
                          Here is a description of the garda environment by an ex garda who is now a lawyer so he has seen the organisation from inside and out.

Comment

Here is a description of the garda environment by an ex garda who is now a lawyer so he has seen the organisation from inside and out.
                            Another interesting attachment nappy. It's nothing new as nepotism/favouritism exlsts in almost every envirement. However that differs from your comment about giving guns to the "inbred" which is a slight on the good, honest and hard working junior ranks of the force.
                            Last edited by jembo; 30-03-2017, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Another interesting attachment nappy. It's nothing new as nepotism/favouritism exlsts in almost every envirement. However that differs from your comment about giving guns to the "inbred" which is a slight on the good, honest and hard working junior ranks of the force.
                              Did I mention junior ranks?

Comment

Working...
                              X