No announcement yet.

Has the world changed that much

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe you have to be over sixty to realise somebody is taking the piss...
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
      Maybe you have to be over sixty to realise somebody is taking the piss...
      Joe,we are all in ‘ascending order’and getting ‘nearer to the wood’ we see things differently now than we did when we were younger.
      I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
      Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Of course the world has changed. The problems occur when people are resistant to change, or rather to progress. Then you get pockets of resistance, like those Americans who want to hang on to their guns, fascists like the EDL and Muslim extremists who want to enforce rigid forms of Islam. Then these groups start spreading their messages of hate, using decidedly modern methods such as the Internet, people get drawn into them and that threatens all the positive progress that's been made over the last hundred years or so in terms if human rights and equality. That's my take on it, anyway.
        Last edited by KatieMorag; 24-01-2018, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jembo View Post
          Joe,we are all in ‘ascending order’and getting ‘nearer to the wood’ we see things differently now than we did when we were younger.

I see shops with millions of things I can have.......

As a child I saw shops with millions of things I couldn't have......

Comment

Originally posted by jembo View Post
            hi ,Yes you are right there .the pale horse and his rider is coming.

Comment

Seventeen million people accused of being racist just because they voted to leave the EU......

Very strange indeed......

Comment

People being ridiculed just because they spoke about the times they lived through....

Very strange indeed....

People being insulted just because they listened to those conversations.....

Very strange indeed.....

Comment

Seventeen million people accused of being racist just because they voted to leave the EU......

Very strange indeed......
                  I do agree that "Leave" voters as a group have been unfairly targeted. Assuming that everyone who voted "Leave" is a racist is clearly wrong. I personally have friends who voted this way and they are definitely not racist. This article or meme annoyed me because of the assumption that most white people over a certain age would identify with it. I'm white and heterosexual and while I'm not sixty yet I'm not far off it. I don't feel that my opinions or my way of life are under attack in the way expressed in this silly article or poem or whatever it is (I'm sure there's a word for it but I can't think what it is.)

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                    I do agree that "Leave" voters as a group have been unfairly targeted. Assuming that everyone who voted "Leave" is a racist is clearly wrong. I personally have friends who voted this way and they are definitely not racist. This article or meme annoyed me because of the assumption that most white people over a certain age would identify with it. I'm white and heterosexual and while I'm not sixty yet I'm not far off it. I don't feel that my opinions or my way of life are under attack in the way expressed in this silly article or poem or whatever it is (I'm sure there's a word for it but I can't think what it is.)

The word is simple.....it is a Joke, nobody has the right to speak for others unless they are given the right.....

I share my living room, my kitchen, my food, and my other utilities and facilities with a coloured person and an east European.....

Comment

The word is simple.....it is a Joke, nobody has the right to speak for others unless they are given the right.....

I share my living room, my kitchen, my food, and my other utilities and facilities with a coloured person and an east European.....
                      so what?

Comment

Originally posted by liam View Post
                        hi ,Yes you are right there .the pale horse and his rider is coming.
                        I'm an Atheist mate, and don't believe in all that shoit. When your numbers up...your numbers up!!!
                        I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                        Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                          so what?
                          Was it not you that called Brexit supporters ''little Englanders''....

I live here with another Brexit supporter...A ''Leave'' voter....

Comment

All I know is that the fecking leavers cost me an arm and a very long leg , don't ask

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Rossiter View Post
                              All I know is that the fecking leavers cost me an arm and a very long leg , don't ask

LOL.....I never voted but I do want the UK to leave the EU....

Sorry about the arm and leg Nick......Are your clothes now a bit cheaper...?

Comment

Was it not you that called Brexit supporters ''little Englanders''....

I live here with another Brexit supporter...A ''Leave'' voter....
                                I did, though what that's got to do with it is anybody's guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X