Family Tree Help Etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Tree Help Etc

I don't think there is a thread here for this it might be a good sticky. How did I not think of it before

The church records website was updated last week and it has lots more records on it now. I've found a few of my family connections on it
    This Irish Government supported, official web site, is dedicated to helping you in your search for records of family history for past generations.

Originally posted by jeangenie View Post
    I don't think there is a thread here for this it might be a good sticky. How did I not think of it before

The church records website was updated last week and it has lots more records on it now. I've found a few of my family connections on it
    http://www.irishgenealogy.ie/
    Stickied.

That's a very interesting site. I'm trying to find out where a granda is buried. I used to be told it was in Drumcondra when I was a kid... but over my growing years it becomes less important. But I'd love to be able to put some kind of marker on his grave.
    'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
      Stickied.

That's a very interesting site. I'm trying to find out where a granda is buried. I used to be told it was in Drumcondra when I was a kid... but over my growing years it becomes less important. But I'd love to be able to put some kind of marker on his grave.
      Thanks Rashers. Would it be the graveyard on Whitworth Rd?

Comment

Thanks Rashers. Would it be the graveyard on Whitworth Rd?
        Dont know.. all I was told was Drumcondra. For years I thought the only graveyard there was on Church Ave. I suspect he was buried at the expense of the Royal British Legion as he had served in France throughout most of WW1. Years later when my grandmother died the Legion offered to pay her funeral expenses too... don't know how they knew she had died.

Comment

St George's Church looks after the graveyard on Whitworth Road they might have records.

Comment

St George's Church looks after the graveyard on Whitworth Road they might have records.
            http://georges.dublin.anglican.org/newsletter.html
            Thanks, I'll check that one out.

Comment

List of graveyards around Dublin. I didn't realise there where so many

Comment

could this be combined into the new forum or the info taken from it and added>

Comment

I put in my name and date year..... no result.
                  My father's name and year date .... no result
                  My Grandfather y & d .... no result
                  My G'Grandfather y & date ....... no result

Maybe I or my ancestors either don't exist or we were all born in another country ????

Comment

Great site Kev , I put in my great grandfathers name and up came his marriage cert and found out my great grandmothers maiden name .

Comment

Bo, maybe you paid yer Taxes or sumtin ... I still am non-existant !

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Patch View Post
                        I put in my name and date year..... no result.
                        My father's name and year date .... no result
                        My Grandfather y & d .... no result
                        My G'Grandfather y & date ....... no result

Maybe I or my ancestors either don't exist or we were all born in another country ????
                        It's not a complete list CP they are adding to it all the time also some of the names are in Latin. Gatsby might be able to help with the Latin lol

Comment

Originally posted by Capt Patch View Post
                          Bo, maybe you paid yer Taxes or sumtin ... I still am non-existant !
                          Capt , anything in the Pro Cathederal seems to be well catered for ( in the 1800s anyway ) most of the births and marriages are coming up for me , your crowd were probably all born on the ocean wave

Comment

Hi, My dad worked for the civil service, he was the person who delivered the cheques to people who were out of work sick so I imagined he went to the office, picked up the cheques and then went off and delivered them and this is the question I want to ask, would anyone know where the offices were at that time in Dublin, this is back in the 50's.
                            I remember he took us to a christmas party which was held on the top floor of Bus Arus that was 1955 as he died in '56, still got the photo.....he died 55years ago today.

Still miss him.
                            Last edited by Margaret N; 24-11-2011, 01:53 PM.
                            You got to have a twinkle in your wrinkle.

Comment

Originally posted by MommyDearest View Post
                              Hi, My dad worked for the civil service, he was the person who delivered the cheques to people who were out of work sick so I imagined he went to the office, picked up the cheques and then went off and delivered them and this is the question I want to ask, would anyone know where the offices were at that time in Dublin, this is back in the 50's.
                              I remember he took us to a christmas party which was held on the top floor of Bus Arus that was 1956 as he died in '57, still got the photo.....he died 55years ago today.

Still miss him.
                              I know the office was in Oisin House in Pearse Street in the eighties but I'm sure it was not there in the 50s. Anyone remember where they sent their sick certs to in the 50s

Comment

Working...
                              X