Glasnevin....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sheelbee View Post
    Only if you can answer 20 questions from 40 years ago by 10 old residents.....Now whats the answer ??
    That's me gone so....I couldn't answer questions about my own neighbours who have lived beside me for 17 years
    The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Originally posted by dinny View Post
      That's me gone so....I couldn't answer questions about my own neighbours who have lived beside me for 17 years
      Ah your a goner then, Pammy knows everything of a Glasnevin nature, do you have a jar in Addison Lodge ??? Brownie points to be gained here.
      Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is mystery, Today is a gift.

Comment

Ah your a goner then, Pammy knows everything of a Glasnevin nature, do you have a jar in Addison Lodge ??? Brownie points to be gained here.
        never liked the place.....like a morgue ....and as for the people that go there

Comment

never liked the place.....like a morgue ....and as for the people that go there
          Now, back in the good old days when it was a proper establishment run by the De Freyne dynasty and frequented by a better type of alco it was the center of the universe and a meeting point for the better classes. The proprietress was very particular as to who would spend money in her "Hotel" !!!!!

Comment

Now, back in the good old days when it was a proper establishment run by the De Freyne dynasty and frequented by a better type of alco it was the center of the universe and a meeting point for the better classes. The proprietress was very particular as to who would spend money in her "Hotel" !!!!!

I prefer The Tolka House......but that is not the same as it was....also like Smyths in Phibsboro

Comment

I prefer The Tolka House......but that is not the same as it was....also like Smyths in Phibsboro
              My dad god rest him was a regular of the Tolka House, personally I never liked it as it was frequented by a dodgy lot from Botanic Avenue, they weren't snobby enough for us on the "Road".................That should draw some flack

Comment

My dad god rest him was a regular of the Tolka House, personally I never liked it as it was frequented by a dodgy lot from Botanic Avenue, they weren't snobby enough for us on the "Road".................That should draw some flack

It's not a great place for good pubs

Comment

I knew a family named Farrell but they used to say their next door neighbours were like knackers...was that you ?????? lol Seriously, had an aunt who lived ther years back, no 95
                  Last edited by Womblemum; 20-06-2011, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Womblemum View Post
                    I knew a family named Farrell but they used to say their next door neighbours were like knackers...was that you ?????? lol Seriously, had an aunt who lived ther years back, no 95
                    Knew them too the other next doors, mind you the horse in the garden was a dead giveaway or was that a dead horse they were giving away, cant remember. Anyway the farrell's in question were Peg and Jack.

Comment

Hi Pam, do you remember the Farrell's who lived next door to us ??
                      Hi Sheelbee.....yea I do remember the Farrells......palled around with Phyllis for a while.........whats up????
                      It is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Pammy View Post
                        Hi Sheelbee.....yea I do remember the Farrells......palled around with Phyllis for a while.........whats up????
                        I believe Tony and his wife died recently in Australia. !!

Comment

I believe Tony and his wife died recently in Australia. !!
                          Oh sorry to hear that........have you any idea what happened to Phyliss......
                          It is what it is.

Comment

Oh sorry to hear that........have you any idea what happened to Phyliss......
                            I will have to go back to my source..................even knows more than you about Glasnevin and he's a blow in to boot.

Comment

I will have to go back to my source..................even knows more than you about Glasnevin and he's a blow in to boot.
                              Listen here head.....I know quite a fair bit bout the area....so there.......What the hell does yer man know???????????????????
                              It is what it is.

Comment

Listen here head.....I know quite a fair bit bout the area....so there.......What the hell does yer man know???????????????????
                                He knew poor old Tony and the missus had passed away.......so there !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X