No announcement yet.

Britains Defence Minister Steps Down .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Britains Defence Minister Steps Down .

Placed his hand on someone's knee .....more to come I'd imagine .

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
    Placed his hand on someone's knee .....more to come I'd imagine .
    Naughty boy......They must bring back the death penalty now....
    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

What a waste of a brilliant talent....the right man in the right job....the country is the biggest loser in this one.....considering the lady in question saw it as amusing fifteen years ago.......and handled it with a promise of a dig in the face...fair play to her.

Julia Hartley-Brewer, a journalist and radio presenter, said that she did not want to escalate the situation. “No one was remotely upset or distressed by it,” she wrote on social media, adding that she did not feel herself to be a victim of sexual harassment and believed a Westminster witch-hunt was under way.

She added: “I calmly and politely explained to him that, if he did it again, I would ‘punch him in the face’. He withdrew his hand and that was the end of the matter. I have had no issues since with the man in question and do not regard the incident as anything but mildly amusing.”
      The journalist who was touched on the knee by Defence Secretary Michael Fallon has described his resignation as “ridiculous”.

But Julia Hartley-Brewer said she doubted the incident at the 2002 Tory party conference was the sole reason for his decision.

"If this is over kneegate, him touching my knee 15 years ago and me not having any issue with it today, this is the most insane, absurd and ridiculous resignation of a Cabinet minister ever," she told Sky News.
      Attached Files
      We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

[QUOTE=DAMNTHEWEATHER;458506]What a waste of a brilliant talent....the right man in the right job....the country is the biggest loser in this one.....considering the lady in question saw it as amusing fifteen years ago.......and handled it with a promise of a dig in the face...fair play to her.
        She later revealed on ITV that she had sent the Tory veteran a text message following his resignation, but had not received a response.

Comment

[QUOTE=DAMNTHEWEATHER;458508]
          Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
          What a waste of a brilliant talent....the right man in the right job....the country is the biggest loser in this one.....considering the lady in question saw it as amusing fifteen years ago.......and handled it with a promise of a dig in the face...fair play to her.
          He can't be packing it in over a hand on a knee ...........can/would he ?? .

Comment

[QUOTE=Twobob;458511]
            Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
            He can't be packing it in over a hand on a knee ...........can/would he ?? .
            Well, speculation is rife about much bigger things to surface....but I don't believe a word of it. There's a golden rule in the Royal Navy called the "no touching rule" at sea......and as Mr F said, no matter when it happened of how playful or trivial it was ....and that there was no formal accusation or complaint.....his behaviour fell short of what the establishment expects of it's armed forces....Therefore he was no example.....and decided to resign on that basis.

Comment

I probably won't make any friends with this statement but I'm a little concerned at the response all of this is getting. A single tweet of alleged misconduct is ending careers and resulting in guilty verdicts in the court of public opinion. I have no doubt that the majority of these accusations are true. No offense to the men of the forum, but I don't think I know a woman who at some point hasn't been assaulted by a man (verbally and / or physically). Unwanted attention or physical contact is sadly something most women are familiar with. However, guilt declared by a mere accusation puts every man on the planet at risk for false accusations. Do we no longer have due process?

Comment

i can't honestly remember ever being sexually assaulted, verbally or physically, so i don't think it's something every woman experiences
                Last edited by KatieMorag; 05-11-2017, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Fair enough Katie - and I'm so happy that you aren't part of that group. But my point isn't all men are bad and all women are victims. My point is - an accusation without proof or due process should not result in someone losing their job or being judged and found guilty by social media. This puts men who are completely innocent of wrong doing in danger of losing everything just because someone said they did something. I have a daughter and sons. I wouldn't want any of them victimized by word or deed, nor would I want them falsely accused.

Comment

Originally posted by Eileen View Post
                    Fair enough Katie - and I'm so happy that you aren't part of that group. But my point isn't all men are bad and all women are victims. My point is - an accusation without proof or due process should not result in someone losing their job or being judged and found guilty by social media. This puts men who are completely innocent of wrong doing in danger of losing everything just because someone said they did something. I have a daughter and sons. I wouldn't want any of them victimized by word or deed, nor would I want them falsely accused.
                    ''accusations'' are now in fashion in theses here parts........

I was accused of being a paedophile by a brainless idiot.....

Comment

I probably won't make any friends with this statement but I'm a little concerned at the response all of this is getting. A single tweet of alleged misconduct is ending careers and resulting in guilty verdicts in the court of public opinion. I have no doubt that the majority of these accusations are true. No offense to the men of the forum, but I don't think I know a woman who at some point hasn't been assaulted by a man (verbally and / or physically). Unwanted attention or physical contact is sadly something most women are familiar with. However, guilt declared by a mere accusation puts every man on the planet at risk for false accusations. Do we no longer have due process?
                      Fair play to you Eileen....I understand what you mean and agree....mob rule or trial by media is not good under any circumstances.

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post

I'm so sorry you had to endure that Joe. It's so easy for people to accuse others, not just because they may indeed be guilty, but as a form of revenge or just a casual hateful remark that takes on a life of it's own. None of that means the person is actually guilty of an egregious sin! The world has gone mad.

Comment

I'm so sorry you had to endure that Joe. It's so easy for people to accuse others, not just because they may indeed be guilty, but as a form of revenge or just a casual hateful remark that takes on a life of it's own. None of that means the person is actually guilty of an egregious sin! The world has gone mad.
                          LOL..sad for those who are affected by those accusations,,,,,
                          I think all the accusers are brainless idiots....

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post

Quinner is banned for 7 days for this post . This accusation has been repeated constantly despite no evidence to support it and it is no longer going to be tolerated .

Comment

I've never noticed this accusation on the forum before. Are you saying he is accusing someone on this forum of making that accusation?

Comment

Working...
                              X