Van Smirrens, Handbury Lane, 1950s Workers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Van Smirrens, Handbury Lane, 1950s Workers

I found a few more photo's of the Ladies who worked in the Shell Fish packers off Meath St.
    Attached Files

Well done Arch....a brill addition to Dublin's past social history.....Have you offered them to The National Library of Ireland’s National Photographic Archive....I'm sure they would bite your hand off....

Where did you get them.....What's the history behind them.....are they personal pix of family members who worked there ?.
    We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
      Well done Arch....a brill addition to Dublin's past social history.....Have you offered them to The National Library of Ireland’s National Photographic Archive....I'm sure they would bite your hand off....

Where did you get them.....What's the history behind them.....are they personal pix of family members who worked there ?.
      Sorry I upset you Noel, I had a message from a member called "Nerrims" which I will show you,

"Sorry to message out of the blue. I was wondering if you had any more photos to do with the van Smirren factory on Hanbury Lane? A part of my family ran it so I'd love any information you might have!

Thank you" so I obliged, This is about the third time I have been reprimanded by you, so i Will leave the forum to you, You wont hear from me again,

Comment

Originally posted by archangel View Post
        Sorry I upset you Noel, I had a message from a member called "Nerrims" which I will show you,

"Sorry to message out of the blue. I was wondering if you had any more photos to do with the van Smirren factory on Hanbury Lane? A part of my family ran it so I'd love any information you might have!

Thank you" so I obliged, This is about the third time I have been reprimanded by you, so i Will leave the forum to you, You wont hear from me again,
        Hey Arch... I'm not reprimanding you....and never have to my mind....I genuinely appreciated the photos you posted of the factory and simply said they might well be of interest to the archive....

Jaze where have I reprimanded you....pse explain and if I have no explanation I will apologise.

Comment

Apology to DTW,

sorry, Noel, I thought you were being sarcastic, I take it back, Forget about the other incidents they were trivial, The Photos were put up for Nerrims, One of the Ladies was my Mum, But i was hoping some one else might recognize their family members among the workers, I only got hold of the photos on Monday .

Comment

sorry, Noel, I thought you were being sarcastic, I take it back, Forget about the other incidents they were trivial, The Photos were put up for Nerrims, One of the Ladies was my Mum, But i was hoping some one else might recognize their family members among the workers, I only got hold of the photos on Monday .
            Naa no problem R, I thought they were a great batch of history and like I said the The National Library of Ireland’s National Photographic Archive would be grateful for a copy, because they are rare imo.

Comment

A bit of resizing and a slight enhancement here and there.....Lukka the size a dem lobbys.....;
              Attached Files

Comment

three more,
                Attached Files

Comment

three more,
                  More brill pix there Arch.
                  They tell a lot about the time.
                  Interested in exactly where the pix were taken and that little plaque on the wall ?.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                  X