Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Sackville pub to close this weekend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Sackville pub to close this weekend.

In Dublin, the town Joyce claimed was impossible to traverse without passing a pub (only to be disproved with the aid of Google Maps a century later,) it can still be hard to find somewhere that su…

Hi all saw the above on Facebook. Read the article in the attached link. The sackville is a nice little pub in Dublin's city centre. Been there a few times in the past few years. A nice little pub it is too. Pity it's being closed down.

DTW if you're looking in Mulligans is remaiming open.
    UP THE DUBS!!!

Mother Kelly's in Talbot St has also closed its doors. Malloy's [also in Talbot St] is also closed but it's being redecorated so I reckon it will reopen soon.

Comment

Originally posted by paudge View Post
      Mother Kelly's in Talbot St has also closed its doors. Malloy's [also in Talbot St] is also closed but it's being redecorated so I reckon it will reopen soon.
      Wow, didn'the know that Paudge.

The sackville closed last Sunday
      UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzieq View Post
        Wow, didn'the know that Paudge.

The sackville closed last Sunday
        I didn't go to the Sackville very often. I generally like to have a pint in town when I go in, which is about once a week and I went to Sackville a few times, sad to see it close, sign of the times I guess, smoking ban, drink driving ban and the price of course, it all has a bearing. In some off license's you can get 5 cans and have change out of a fiver, that amount of drink could cost you 25-30 euro in the pub. Brannigans in Cathedral St does a pint of Tuborg for 4 euro. Dont think you can do better than that around town.

Comment

I didn't go to the Sackville very often. I generally like to have a pint in town when I go in, which is about once a week and I went to Sackville a few times, sad to see it close, sign of the times I guess, smoking ban, drink driving ban and the price of course, it all has a bearing. In some off license's you can get 5 cans and have change out of a fiver, that amount of drink could cost you 25-30 euro in the pub. Brannigans in Cathedral St does a pint of Tuborg for 4 euro. Dont think you can do better than that around town.
          Brannigans is very near my job
          UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

I drank in the saxville lounge quite often some years ago.it was always a good place to enjoy a pint.One thing I always remember was how strict they were with the use of there toilets.No way would they allow a non customer to use them and many the argument I saw with the barmen and passers by.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzieq View Post
              Brannigans is very near my job
              Ya should look in Susie, if I'm there I'll get ya a Tuborg.

Comment

Ya should look in Susie, if I'm there I'll get ya a Tuborg.
                LOL I was in there last year for lunch with work as a girl was moving to another section within our Department. Some of my friends have drank in Brannigans and yes it's a lovely pub.

You can get a jug of Tubourg for €12 in the Clifton Court (Lannigans) but if split between three or four people it works out cheaply too.
                UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

I didn't go to town yesterday but I had a few pints of Toborg closer to home, 3-75 a pop, great, the more ya drink the more ya save. :

Comment

I didn't go to town yesterday but I had a few pints of Toborg closer to home, 3-75 a pop, great, the more ya drink the more ya save. :
                    That's a good price for a pint of Tubourg - you would get similar prices in a Wetherspoons pub now.
                    UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X