Kindle V paper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kindle V paper

So my kindle kicked the bucket 10 mins ago...its only new so i know they will replace it...but its the 3rd kindle i will have had since june...I lost one, i dropped one in my daughters pool and and now this one went belly up and lights out.... ive sorta decided enoughs enough.....i'll send for the replacement...but i think im going to resume reading a good old fashioned paper book..when i go out today i;ll head over to the book store and have a look around..im excited actually to chose a book by cover, reading the back of it....getting the feel and smell of it.......is this crazy....

Im wondering too is it possible lol..cos we get so used to using the light easy gadget.....anyone else flip between the books and kindle?

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
    So my kindle kicked the bucket 10 mins ago...its only new so i know they will replace it...but its the 3rd kindle i will have had since june...I lost one, i dropped one in my daughters pool and and now this one went belly up and lights out.... ive sorta decided enoughs enough.....i'll send for the replacement...but i think im going to resume reading a good old fashioned paper book..when i go out today i;ll head over to the book store and have a look around..im excited actually to chose a book by cover, reading the back of it....getting the feel and smell of it.......is this crazy....

Im wondering too is it possible lol..cos we get so used to using the light easy gadget.....anyone else flip between the books and kindle?
    I have never used a Kindle but I get enough of flipping between reading the papers online on my tablet and actually reading a god book. I prefer to hold a good paperback or hardback novel in my hands. I can go to the library and borrow a book or two or as I have done in the past 20 years buy the latest bestselers and paperback novels are cheaper than hardback ones too.

What make were the Kindles that gave your trouble Helen?
    UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

they were actually kindles lol...i also have the apps on the iphone, and the ipad but i hate reading on either of these......im excited about getting a real book though haha

Comment

they were actually kindles lol...i also have the apps on the iphone, and the ipad but i hate reading on either of these......im excited about getting a real book though haha
        I always thought you had real boks too.
        UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

no i download on the kindle....

Comment

would not choose to read an actual book, love my kindle too much

Comment

tell im off now now in 30 mins so i tell ya my verdict tomorrow lol...only paper books ive read in the past while have been "homegrown" ones...ie Martin coffee, some of the forum writers.....so this will be an exciting walk on the darkside for me hehe

Comment

kindle

Just got my wife a kobo glow from china cost around €70 in total

Wife thinks it,s brilliant It has light that can be switched on or off

Downloaded her a load of free books from internet .they should keep her quiet for a while ,,,Bless her
                Last edited by antmel; 13-09-2016, 01:42 PM.

Comment

tell im off now now in 30 mins so i tell ya my verdict tomorrow lol...only paper books ive read in the past while have been "homegrown" ones...ie Martin coffee, some of the forum writers.....so this will be an exciting walk on the darkside for me hehe
                  Hi Helen - did you have any luck yet??
                  UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

too funny anto.... your kobo sounds pretty expensive to me..mind you to get some peace and quiet you can swallow the expense hehe

yea i picked up a couple of paperbacks at our big book store chapters yesterday..,when i came home with them one of the girls was here and she goes....why did you buy them youd have gotten them at least half price in costcos up the street...well im not running all over Toronto to save a penny so i kept my books and im happy....i didnt have time to start one yet....but i felt so happy in the store looking at the books...reading....oh i also sent away for the new kindle its supposed to arrive tomorrow..but i wont be using it for a while anyways while im reading the stuff i got yesterday..

Comment

kobo

she was looking the same e/reader in easons and it was double what i paid for it

She dosen,t know how cheap i got it for .worth every penny now has 300 books to keep her quiet A BLISS

Comment

actually you did get a decent price anto..i just did the conversion on it...its around the same price as wed pay here..i bought one a while ago for my grandson in chapters..

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
                            LMAO! ! Brilliant ad TB.
                            UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Suzieq View Post
                              LMAO! ! Brilliant ad TB.
                              Couldn't resist it Suzie , pardon MKM .

Comment

Working...
                              X