No announcement yet.

Brexit; outcome.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A poll done a couple of days ago suggested 56% of voters now want to leave the EU...
    The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• Yes Dinny But most say not without a deal like having your cake and eating it

Comment

• Third meaningless vote will happen says May.

Roll on the "People's Vote" finally sort the wheat from the chaff.
        We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
          Third meaningless vote will happen says May.

Roll on the "People's Vote" finally sort the wheat from the chaff.
          I really don't think that's going to happen, sadly.....there would be too much public outrage......

Comment

• Why does the BBC only do vox pops of Leavers? Or if they do find a Remainer its someone who voted remain but is fed up about Brexit and wants to leave
            now.

Comment

• The TIG amendment for a 2nd referendum was defeated 334 to 85. Labour did't bother voting and the ERG encouraged the amendment in the hope of a result like this. Now they can reference the vote anytime someone suggests a 2nd referendum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
                The TIG amendment for a 2nd referendum was defeated 334 to 85. Labour did't bother voting and the ERG encouraged the amendment in the hope of a result like this. Now they can reference the vote anytime someone suggests a 2nd referendum.
                According to Sadiq Khan the Labour Party was asked to abstain by the People's Vote (if I understood him correctly) ......not sure why......

Comment

• More on that here:

Comment

• Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
                    According to Sadiq Khan the Labour Party was asked to abstain by the People's Vote (if I understood him correctly) ......not sure why......
                    The people behinfd the Peoples Vote felt the timing was wrong. Alastair Campbell who is one of the movers behind the Peoples Vote explains it here

Wrong to press @peoplesvote_uk amendment today when the issue is extension. I think wrong time and I fear the wrong reasons. Any doubts about that confirmed by @CarolineFlintMP support. PV is possible solution to current crisis not option within it. More PV opportunities ahead
                    Caroline Flint(LAB) is an ardent leaver so when you see people like her supporting a Peoples Vote amendment something is off.

Comment

I really don't think that's going to happen, sadly.....there would be too much public outrage......
                      No different to remainers outrage at a fluke result. Makes sense to present the people with the facts of what's on offer now that its known, as opposed to voting blind...I'm sure it's still a goer....time will tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                        No different to remainers outrage at a fluke result. Makes sense to present the people with the facts of what's on offer now that its known, as opposed to voting blind...I'm sure it's still a goer....time will tell.
                        Human nature being what it is, I can't see Leave voters changing their vote - it's a pride thing; no-one likes feeling they've made a mistake. And I don't think it's Brexit itself that they have a problem with, just the way it's been (mis)handled, and this sort of "them and us" (ie politicians and people) mentality has been encouraged relentlessly by the tabloid press with their "hands off our Brexit" campaign. That's my take on it anyway.
                        Last edited by KatieMorag; 14-03-2019, 11:37 PM.

Comment

• That shower in the commons seem to be enjoying the excitement of the crap they have created.....Obviously brightens up their otherwise dreary days of falling asleep.

Comment

Human nature being what it is, I can't see Leave voters changing their vote - it's a pride thing; no-one likes feeling they've made a mistake. And I don't think it's Brexit itself that they have a problem with, just the way it's been (mis)handled, and this sort of "them and us" (ie politicians and people) mentality has been encouraged relentlessly by the tabloid press with their "hands off our Brexit" campaign. That's my take on it anyway.
                            https://infacts.org/brexiters-have-c...nt-the-people/

Comment

• The problem is that many MPs probably feel they can't support another referendum even if they'd like to, because they are supposed to be representing their constituents and going against the wishes of their constituents would not only be undemocratic but would set a dangerous precedent for any future referendums (on this or any other issue). As I've said before, putting such a complex issue in the hands of mainly uninformed, ignorant people (and I include myself in that, though I voted remain) was sheer folly on the part of the government and the situation was exploited by the tabloid press. I also think that another referendum would give the same result and therefore only serve the interests of the Brexiteers, which is perhaps why it's not being supported by more MPs.
                              Last edited by KatieMorag; 15-03-2019, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X