No announcement yet.

2016 Olympics .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ellis O'Reilly becomes the first Irish female gymnast to qualify for an Olympic Games

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
      Ellis O'Reilly becomes the first Irish female gymnast to qualify for an Olympic Games

http://www.the42.ie/ellis-oreilly-ol...20993-Apr2016/
      She Qualified because she had an iIish Granny, She lives and trains in London Strange she was not picked for England

Our Irish Guy just won silver

Comment

Heard it all now , javlin's are coming under inspection .

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
          Heard it all now , javlin's are coming under inspection .
          Javlin's were always under inspection. They had to change the specifications several times over the years as throws got longer and longer. It's a stadium sport so not a good idea if throwers can throw a javelin out of the stadium or into the stands which with new lighter materials and better technical design they were in danger of doing.

Comment

Irish Olympic Team for Rio so far

Comment

Should Russian athletes be allowed to complete at the Olympic Games after the finding that doping was widespread?

Is the finding of the IOC a green card to state sponsored doping?
              I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
              Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Whole Russian team should have been banned...they have gotten thousands of medals down the decades by cheating...depriving clean hard working athletes of glory
                The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Originally posted by dinny View Post
                  Whole Russian team should have been banned...they have gotten thousands of medals down the decades by cheating...depriving clean hard working athletes of glory
                  'Flying Down to Rio' takes on a different meaning
                  I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                  Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Originally posted by jembo View Post
                    Should Russian athletes be allowed to complete at the Olympic Games after the finding that doping was widespread?

Is the finding of the IOC a green card to state sponsored doping?
                    Jembo , IMO the IOC didn't have the balls to ban them , for what ever reason only known to themselves . Now things were bad enough as it stood , but this action or inaction has just made it worse .
                    Deplorable to say least .

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
                      Jembo , IMO the IOC didn't have the balls to ban them , for what ever reason only known to themselves . Now things were bad enough as it stood , but this action or inaction has just made it worse .
                      Deplorable to say least .
                      Twobob; the answer to that one is simple. Money. To me the Olympics represent nothing but political BS. Little countries stand no chance competing against the cheating giants. I don't bother to watch it.

Comment

Irish boxer banned from Rio, failed drugs test.

Michael O’Reilly is the boxer at the centre of reports of an alleged violation of anti-doping rules ahead of the Olympic Games.

Named here

Comment

Just heard it on the car radio.. a 'recreational drug'?
                          Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed O'Gorman View Post
                            Twobob; the answer to that one is simple. Money. To me the Olympics represent nothing but political BS. Little countries stand no chance competing against the cheating giants. I don't bother to watch it.
                            Lizzie Armitstead the English Olympian failed to show up for 3 drug tests .....automatically if you fail to show for the second it's a automatic Ban........she is still being allowed compete ......ructions going on with the other athletes over her not getting banned.....if she was from anywhere else she would be banned.....helps having Lord Coe the english man President of the International Association of Athletics Federations .....makes me sick
                            The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Originally posted by dinny View Post
                              Lizzie Armitstead the English Olympian failed to show up for 3 drug tests .....automatically if you fail to show for the second it's a automatic Ban........she is still being allowed compete ......ructions going on with the other athletes over her not getting banned.....if she was from anywhere else she would be banned.....helps having Lord Coe the english man President of the International Association of Athletics Federations .....makes me sick
                              Nepotism is fife in the UK......LOL
                              Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
                                Just heard it on the car radio.. a 'recreational drug'?
                                He should be put in the swimming competition along side Lizzie Armitstead and the pair of them should be made swim home.

Comment

Working...
                                X