Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quinner View Post
    Reading Genghis Khan at the moment.....

He was the great khan......I am the great can...........
    Actin the can imo.
    We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

• Originally posted by cosmo View Post
      remember back in de day, aspro had a factory between ballyer and inchicore, they used to throw out heaps of throat lozengers types [and aspros and other pills] we used to eat some after a long day in the canal. so much for puplic safety. [probably why i`v never had a headache in my life, true]. except a hangover head.
      Jaze de ye remember that....there was another place on Cork St / James' Street and they did the same....we ate heaps of the throat pastille things....who knows what it was in them....

Comment

• Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
        Actin the can imo.
        There you go....Off-Topic again with your accusations.....

Stop waving your blue and yellow flag about....
        Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

There you go....Off-Topic again with your accusations.....

Stop waving your blue and yellow flag about....
          You brought up the can

Comment

You brought up the can
            I am the great can.........Another accusation I notice........

You really are an ''Islander''...
            Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

I am the great can.........Another accusation I notice........You really are an ''Islander''...
              Ahh go accuse yerself.

Comment

Jaze de ye remember that....there was another place on Cork St / James' Street and they did the same....we ate heaps of the throat pastille things....who knows what it was in them....
                I was just talkin to an old mate yesterday about old times in the dub, I mentioned to him about the days we used to spend in the feeno and come home through chapelizod, we`d go into the church along the liffey, there was/is a beaut display of leadlight windows , very overpowering and 'holy' with the quietness and the smell of the wood and the candles burning...the candles that's the point here...we used to eat the candles we were so hungry, and make another stop for 'desert' at ballyfermot church on the way home [wondered why we always were glowing].....me mate sed ,jaze, that's a new one for him, he`s posh from arbour hill!!
                in god i trust...everyone else cash only.

Comment

I was just talkin to an old mate yesterday about old times in the dub, I mentioned to him about the days we used to spend in the feeno and come home through chapelizod, we`d go into the church along the liffey, there was/is a beaut display of leadlight windows , very overpowering and 'holy' with the quietness and the smell of the wood and the candles burning...the candles that's the point here...we used to eat the candles we were so hungry, and make another stop for 'desert' at ballyfermot church on the way home [wondered why we always were glowing].....me mate sed ,jaze, that's a new one for him, he`s posh from arbour hill!!
                  ha ha ha ha ha !!! Posh from Arbour Hill is right lol.... Eating the candles....I remember doing it once after a pal said ye could.... Imagine you havin yer lunch on wax...jaze yid need a regular syringe ffs.

What about tryin te fish the coins out of the pub cellar through the gratings...?

Comment

• willies from arbour hill...i didnt know that was posh hehehhe....

Comment

• Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                      willies from arbour hill...i didnt know that was posh hehehhe....
                      m.k.m, I believe the word posh , d.t will know this, comes from the old days of the raj ,when wealthy travellers and high ranking officers were going to india , they would book their tickets on the ships, port out starboard home i.e posh, that was to get the benefit of the weather both ways, don`t know if its entirely true.....did willie live in the barracks.

Comment

m.k.m, I believe the word posh , d.t will know this, comes from the old days of the raj ,when wealthy travellers and high ranking officers were going to india , they would book their tickets on the ships, port out starboard home i.e posh, that was to get the benefit of the weather both ways, don`t know if its entirely true.....did willie live in the barracks.
                        From Chitty Chitty Bang Bang......

O the posh posh traveling life, the traveling life for me
                        First cabin and captain's table regal company
                        Pardon the dust of the upper crust - fetch us a cup of tea
                        Port out, starboard home, posh with a capital P-O-S-H, posh

Comment

no...in the houses on bricins park....close to the barracks..so im guessing not posh hahahahaa dont think i could stand him if he developed airs and graces hahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                            no...in the houses on bricins park....close to the barracks..so im guessing not posh hahahahaa dont think i could stand him if he developed airs and graces hahaha
                            that's posh enough, arbour hill heights!! my mate lived in the barracks married quarters , down near the liffey.

Comment

• Read "The Wonder" by Emma Donoghue over last weekend....was looking forward to it as it was her first book since the amazing "Room" which I loved......shouldn't have bothered reading it found it tedious , nothing much happened in this simple story about a child starving herself .....it's set in Ireland in a village outside Athlone in 1859...everyone in the village and surrounding area is a religious nut obsessed with nothing else only the church and bible...and trying to make a martyr or a saint out of a young girl that hasn't ate anything for 5 months........guessed the reason why she wasn't eating about a third of the way through the book ...I shouldn't have reading it
                              The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

• Originally posted by dinny View Post
                                Read "The Wonder" by Emma Donoghue over last weekend....was looking forward to it as it was her first book since the amazing "Room" which I loved......shouldn't have bothered reading it found it tedious , nothing much happened in this simple story about a child starving herself .....it's set in Ireland in a village outside Athlone in 1859...everyone in the village and surrounding area is a religious nut obsessed with nothing else only the church and bible...and trying to make a martyr or a saint out of a young girl that hasn't ate anything for 5 months........guessed the reason why she wasn't eating about a third of the way through the book ...I shouldn't have reading it
                                good reviews on "goodreads" (my book bible!) so if i hadn't read your post i may have been tempted to get it. Looked up "Room" as well and the subject matter looks far too harrowing, especially as it was inspired by true stories such as that of elizabeth fritzl.......

Comment

Working...
                                X