Smithfield

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
    I was there too and managed to scrounge these three pix of the set from somewhere a few years back....and yer man riding the bike you mentioned.

I remember them creating rain with fire hoses.
    The last one was taken from the first floor window of 81 Nth King St!!!! So I know where you scrounged it lol

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy View Post
      Smithfield yesterday
      nice Fitzy the steps seem like a new edition. I worked on the apartments on the right when they where built. It was like a maze trying to find my way around them.

Comment

great photos, remember that movie well.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkface View Post
          Yeah thanks for the great memory, I had a friend who lived in the tenements in queen st. and we would visit smithfield regularly to watch filming.
          We also saw the filming of the young cassidy in queen st, where they featured the ambush/barricade scene.
          Hi Sharkface,what was the name of your friend who lived in Queen St? I went to school with lots of lads who lived in the old tenements and theres a good chance I knew him,if you dont want to put his name up here you could sent me a pm.Would love to know if I knew him,we could have been classmates.

Comment

Smithfield yesterday
            Attached Files

Comment

ditto....never noticed the eagle on top of the building before
              Attached Files

Comment

I can hear my ma shouting at the young wan " get down before ya fall"

Comment

ditto ,old and new coffee shops , wonder if Hank eats here ,lol
                  Attached Files

Comment

Is the cafe closed now? I got me brekkie in there a few times.

Comment

Originally posted by jeangenie View Post
                      Is the cafe closed now? I got me brekkie in there a few times.
                      has'nt been open anytime I'm in there jg

Comment

I dropped in to the pub in Smithfield a few weeks ago,think its called The Smithfield Inn,something like that.It was closed down for a while and I was glad to see it reopened,had many a pint there over the years, I would drop in on my visits to my old home town.Anyway in I went at about 3-30 and ordered a pint,imagine my surprise when the barman told me you can only get wine or a meal till 4oc,then the bar opens.Haven't heard that one before,I headed down to Queen St and enjoyed a few pints in McGettigans.

Comment

The car is due to be taxed again so I will head up to Queen St soon to the motor tax office,may drop in to The Smithfield Inn for a pint [after 4oc] or I might go round to Delaneys in King St,the father drank there in the 50s when it was Delaney and Ryan.

Comment

Great excitement in Smithfield yesterday. They erected a giant screen and a big crowd turned up to watch the Dublin-Mayo game. Would have loved to be there but had some of the family coming so we watched the game at home.I'd say that watching the game in Smithfield was almost as exciting as watching it in Croke Park.

Comment

I'm often around Smithfield but I've never heard of the Smithfield Inn before. Whereabouts is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Margaret View Post
                                I'm often around Smithfield but I've never heard of the Smithfield Inn before. Whereabouts is it?
                                Hi Margeret, The Smithfield Inn is just beside the cinema [The Lighthouse] just near the corner that leads out to Queen St.Tell me the next time you're going to Smithfield and I'll have a brandy waiting for you.It will have to be past 4oc or you will have to settle for a glass of wine.

Comment

Working...
                                X