No announcement yet.

The Liberties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, come off it Rosebud,that was the sub standard part of Dublin,I came from the Upper Class part,,Rathmines,
    but then I had to lower meself by going to Clogher Rd Tech,,
    I'm a Freeborn Man of the Travellin' People

Comment

Originally posted by tommie View Post
      Ah, come off it Rosebud,that was the sub standard part of Dublin,I came from the Upper Class part,,Rathmines,
      but then I had to lower meself by going to Clogher Rd Tech,,
      am surprise they took ya tommie lol.could they understand ya with your posh accent.

Comment

the posh lib

Originally posted by tommie View Post
        ah, come off it rosebud,that was the sub standard part of dublin,i came from the upper class part,,rathmines,
        but then i had to lower meself by going to clogher rd tech,,
        there is only one posh place in dub that is the libertys where all the famous people come from that is encluding my self and bang bang

Comment

I dont come from the Liberties but I have good memories of going to the Lyric and Tivoli cinemas as a kid.I had a relation named Greta who had a shop in the markets facing the Tivoli,she sold clothes,I probably got my communion and confo suits from there,I know the father used to get his ''top coats'' from Greta.I also have memories of going to the bird market with the father too.I was up that area quite recently,had a pint in the Clock on Thomas St.As a schoolboy I was a member of Thomas St library.On our way back we would stop off at a little shop for toffee apples.The shop was in one of those side streets off Thomas St that leads out to the quays,think it was close to the church,Adam and Eves thats still there.

Comment

Originally posted by paudge View Post
            I dont come from the Liberties but I have good memories of going to the Lyric and Tivoli cinemas as a kid.I had a relation named Greta who had a shop in the markets facing the Tivoli,she sold clothes,I probably got my communion and confo suits from there,I know the father used to get his ''top coats'' from Greta.I also have memories of going to the bird market with the father too.I was up that area quite recently,had a pint in the Clock on Thomas St.As a schoolboy I was a member of Thomas St library.On our way back we would stop off at a little shop for toffee apples.The shop was in one of those side streets off Thomas St that leads out to the quays,think it was close to the church,Adam and Eves thats still there.
            paudge....i lived 25 yards from the bird market....
            Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

The lib

I spent a lot of time in the bird market as my pet shop was in patrick maybe before you time i left in 1964 and my stepbrother took it over i had good memories of my time in the lib

Comment

Originally posted by TOMMY View Post
                I spent a lot of time in the bird market as my pet shop was in patrick maybe before you time i left in 1964 and my stepbrother took it over i had good memories of my time in the lib
                i left dublin in 60/61.......

did you know anybody from piles buildings....

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
                  i left dublin in 60/61.......

did you know anybody from piles buildings....
                  when i think of the pet shop in patrick street.....the name lawler comes to mind...............???

Comment

Quinner,I went to the bird market when I was about 15 and was fascinated by all the birds and decided to bye a young canary. The bloke told me it was a lovely singer and I think I paid about 2/6p for the bird and a little wodden and wire cage. I was really proud of myself until my da came home.He said "what in the name of jasus have you got there"? I said a canary and he said "a canary my arse,it's a sparrow dyed yellow,you flipping gobshit and clipped me round the ear for being an egit. LOL
                    I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                    Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Originally posted by jembo View Post
                      Quinner,I went to the bird market when I was about 15 and was fascinated by all the birds and decided to bye a young canary. The bloke told me it was a lovely singer and I think I paid about 2/6p for the bird and a little wodden and wire cage. I was really proud of myself until my da came home.He said "what in the name of jasus have you got there"? I said a canary and he said "a canary my arse,it's a sparrow dyed yellow,you flipping gobshit and clipped me round the ear for being an egit. LOL

jembo, thank god you don't run a dating agency...you don't know your tweets from your twitters....

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
                        jembo, thank god you don't run a dating agency...you don't know your tweets from your twitters....
                        Good one quinner,LOL

Comment

The bird market

Jumbo you talk a lot of shit no body is that silly to be coned my dad was one of the main people who run the market i think you are taking the piss

Comment

Originally posted by TOMMY View Post
                            Jumbo you talk a lot of shit no body is that silly to be coned my dad was one of the main people who run the market i think you are taking the piss
                            No shit tommy,true story, also had a mate who bought what he thought was a green linit/finch, turned out to be a wild bird dyed green.

Comment

Originally posted by jembo View Post
                              No shit tommy,true story, also had a mate who bought what he thought was a green linit/finch, turned out to be a wild bird dyed green.
                              my dad told me story's like that.......

so did walt disney......lol

Comment

as a kid...i always remember the bird market being packed......

just like the toss schools.....

Comment

Working...
                                X