beaumont hospital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• beaumont hospital

A lot ot reports about people on trollies in hospitals ,which is disgraceful

But on attending beaumont hospital yesterday ,the doctor i seen with an 8am appointment, after 2 hours he gave a form to go to have blood taken on my way out, Anyone who has had to use the Phlebotomy service will know what i am talking about ,on approaching phlebotomy in or near the main entrance i was stunned to see at least 60/70 people either sitting or standing where all seats were full ,people just seemed to be leaning against walls or anything else they could find
    I approached window were two women receptionists were and handed in my request for blood to be taken , Without even lifting her head to look at me or giving me instructions i was handed a number ,Sat down i then noticed machine to displays numbers was not working ,and person next to me said i would just have to watch who was just in front of me ,that way i would know if i was next A complete joke , standing there and able to see into the room where the blood is taken ,all i could see was nurses stand around the water cooler chatting ,and didn,t give a hoot about the poor unfortunate people just sitting there looking like zombies, This place is a cattle market .After about one hour in disgust i just threw my ticket on the floor and left The whole system is a joke ,and lack of supervision is one of the causes

Antmel you can have your blood checked at your doctors surgery....only thing is you will have to pay €20 I think. Sounds as if it would be worth it though ....I would hate to have to wait hours standing on a corridor like that to have blood taken. The whole system seems to be getting worse by the day...

Comment

beaumont

The whole reason the hospital blood section is so packed is because the IMO gave a directive to gp,s to charge medical card holders for routine blood tests

against the wishes of the HSE ,i have been in touch with the past three ministers of health and the hse ,and they all tell me gps are not allowed to make this charge ,But the same people will not do anything about, it GP,S are getting a decent allowance for casual practice nurses and all equipment for taking blood is supplied with free courier service and lab results, And still these greed bas+++ds want to charge for this .

Comment

That's madness Antmel. A friend of mine was at the plebotomy dept in St Vincents hospital last week & he was impressed at how quickly he was seen to and out within half an hour of his appointent time. I think it was lunchtime he was there.
        UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X