32 years on ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 32 years on ....

From Live Aid , and advertisements on the radio for 20 + million starving in East Africa ..... the more things change , the more things stay the same ?? .

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
    From Live Aid , and advertisements on the radio for 20 + million starving in East Africa ..... the more things change , the more things stay the same ?? .
    Sure...if we had all the pennies we gave te the black babies in the 50's we'd all be right on the pig's back t'day.
    We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

I wonder where those pennies actually went...I felt totally ripped off after years of bringing the pennies to the nuns my mother went into the rotunda....and came out with a WHITE baby...i cried for weeks. i couldnt see why i didnt get the one id been paying for for years

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
        I wonder where those pennies actually went...I felt totally ripped off after years of bringing the pennies to the nuns my mother went into the rotunda....and came out with a WHITE baby...i cried for weeks. i couldnt see why i didnt get the one id been paying for for years
        Better odds of that happening now ,MKM .
        Last edited by Twobob; 15-07-2017, 04:00 PM.

Comment

LMAO.... well now if ye sponsor a child in darkest africa, you know exactly who it is and are kept updated regularly, even the child is encouraged to write to you.....I might do it myself.

Comment

right tb hahaha

ok DTW shall i send you my address?

Comment

right tb hahaha

ok DTW shall i send you my address?
              naaa thats just slope shouldering yer granny duties

Comment

It used to be the black babies, now it's we who need the help

t is also understood that Mr Ahern looked at setting up clean water projects for schools in Africa. "The plan is that children in Africa will have little cardboard boxes in their classrooms with pictures of cute Irish children looking grateful on them," said the spokesman. "They will put minuscule amounts of money in these boxes and then the money will be sent to Ireland to pay for the water charges of Irish schoolchildren who so desperately need that €3.50 a year in order that they can wash their little hands."
                Many of you will have got the impression that Bertie Ahern went to Africa last week to conduct a long distance shouting match with Enda Kenny about his tax affairs. In fact, it turns out that Bertie went to Africa to talk about trade and aid, mainly to look at aid projects, and apparently it was a very fruitful trip.
                I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
                Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
                  I've been in Africa twice in the last nine months. From what I've seen in a limited amount of time, yes - many of the stories of dysfunctional governance and state corruption are true, on top of terrorism, civil wars, climate change and unbelievable poverty - but we don't have a choice - large regions of Africa need our support. It will get better eventually...
                  Last edited by cogito; 16-07-2017, 02:00 AM.
                  Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Change for the better will come from Africans themselves... not from external bodies or agencies.
                    Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Working...
                    X