Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
    Of course.
    Walk in the park for Vad you reckon ......?

Comment

Originally posted by Nemesis View Post
      I've just heard somone on radio describe them as 'two cheeks of the same Arse'
      Lol rofl
      UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Twobob View Post
        Walk in the park for Vad you reckon ......?
        Seems to be, weighted voting system so 65% of the votes go to the parliamentary party of which Leo seems to have wrapped up the Lions Share so Simon needs to have a landslide in the other two categories and have a few TDs lying about voting for Leo. Councillors 10% and Party Members 25% of the votes.

Then whoever wins has to get the majority of the Dail to vote for them as Taoiseach which with the current crowd of Independent candidates might not be so easy.

Comment

so Leo's it.....he seems a real nice boy and i wish him well.
          We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Set to be our youngest Taoiseach...
            Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Quinner should enjoy this ,less than 50 percent of the Fine Gael members voted in the election for the leadership.less than half of the people who were entitled to vote in the leadership race bothered to vote.You must ask why are they members of a political party if they don't bother to vote.

Comment

51 votes so not too many places for olive branches for Coveney and his supporters in the cabinet. FG Loyalist should get the Attorney General gig the moment Leo gets rubber stamped by the Dail. Whatever little deal Enda had with the last one should be over.

Comment

Exciting times ahead....

Can he cope with somebody from another Country negotiating on Ireland's behalf....Knowing that they will have their own Countries interest at heart.....
                  Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Coveney got 65% of the votes from the rank and file membership of the Fine Gael party......
                    Only the lick arses looking for cabinet places and minister for state positions got Leo through .....
                    The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

I'm so glad Coveney didn't get in....so so happy. I hate what he just did to the rental market. Increases of 40% and more in some cases.

Comment

Going back , Leo seemed to step out of line when doing interviews , which I found refreshing ........ now I wouldn't be a political junkie by any means , but it was nice to hear , time will tell how he gets on .

Comment

Originally posted by barefoot View Post
                          I'm so glad Coveney didn't get in....so so happy. I hate what he just did to the rental market. Increases of 40% and more in some cases.
                          Glad he didn't get in either BF.....good to see a Dub in.....but don't agree with the voting system.....approx 11,000 people voted and Coveney got more than 7,000 votes and Leo wins with 4,000 votes....something wrong somewhere how democratic is that
                          The mind is everything. What you think you become.

Comment

Originally posted by barefoot View Post
                            Totally agree BF he didn't do as much for housing than he did for agriculture.
                            UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dinny View Post
                              Glad he didn't get in either BF.....good to see a Dub in.....but don't agree with the voting system.....approx 11,000 people voted and Coveney got more than 7,000 votes and Leo wins with 4,000 votes....something wrong somewhere how democratic is that
                              It's nearly a decade since we saw a Dub being a Taoiseach. Go Leo!!!
                              UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Reaction: Labour say Leo Varadkar must 'unite our people'; Gerry Adams urges him to c

Latest: The Labour Party leader, Brendan Howlin, has said Leo Varadkar must unite everyone in the country if he is to be elected as Taoiseach.

More...

Comment

Working...
                                X