No announcement yet.

Useless Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RTE television and radio are allowed a maximum of 9 minutes of advertisements p/h .

Comment

A dead jockey called Frank Hayes won a race at 20/1 , now he was alive when he started the race [ obviously ] but died mid-race ........a dead cert ,boom boom .

Comment

Dublin hurlers won 6 All Ireland titles . All the players involved were born outside Dublin except for one .

Comment

Average number of people airborne over the US any given hour: 61,000.
          There you go again.
          I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
          Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Comment

I believe that ''Ungars'' means ten arrows..........It seemed to their enemies they could loose off ten arrows before the first one hit its target........These people settled on the great central European plain.......So hence the name 'Hungary'...
            Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Dublin is a city in the U.S. state of Ohio.

Comment

Originally posted by bigby View Post
                Dublin is a city in the U.S. state of Ohio.
                I'd bet my last penny that's where my luggage went to when I was flying back from the States in August of 88.......

Comment

I quite often drive through places called,....Pennsylvania.....Petty France and Dunkirk.......

Comment

Average number of days a West German goes without washing his underwear: 7

Comment

In one German division (captured at Stalingrad)....So many of the Officers had ''titles'' that they agreed to stop using them when addressing each other.....
                      Last edited by quinner; 19-09-2016, 10:52 PM.

Comment

In ww2.....Two German Muslim SS Divisions..The 'Handshar' and 'Scimitar'' (I believe that was their names) refused orders from their high Command.......One refused to serve outside their own Country.......The other was already in a neighbouring Country and refused to go home.....

Comment

Only first lady to carry a loaded revolver: Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Instead of evacuating ''Army Group North'' from Courland to defend Berlin etc......Hitler left it there so he could use that part of the Baltic for testing out his latest submarines......

It was probably one of the best equipped and mostly intact unit in the German army as most of its units had been together since 1941.....

Comment

Top speed of a snail , 50 yards p/h ..........there ya gooooooooooo .

Comment

I walked 5 miles this morning and came back nackered .

Comment

Working...
                                X