No announcement yet.

Forums ..will they last.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like the days of our lives...like the sand in the hourglass..life is a beach, I am just rambling on here...hee..hee.
    today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

Comment

It's great for the soul to have a bit of banter, it's like we all get together every day and just ramble on about every day things, with a lot of humor and wit thrown in. I would really miss it if there was no forum, so keep it going you guys!

Comment

For me, living in Canada,It is sometimes difficult to think of a thread that might be of interest to a Dub.I get my news about the Auld Sod from the Irish Independent on line,and I'm sure they don't print much of the everyday goings on in the country that would give me fodder for a comment.As a matter of fact,I wrote comething about life here in North America,and There was a criticism from someone that comments should be confined to Irish issues,places and happenings.It is very hard for someone who is 49 years out of the country to be up to speed on the everyday goings on in the Auld Sot.So what I do Is ,I peruse all threads,and the ones I find myself qualified or interested in I post an opinion,and sometimes I post a thread,However,I love being a member of the forum,and pass many an hour,and have many a laugh,at the posts and comments.

Comment

Originally posted by KatieMorag View Post
          I don't see what the problem is.....everyone is different, some people like doing Tony's quizzes, others don't, some people like the news items, others don't.....if I want to talk about something, I'll start a thread on it, I don't wait for other people to do it......I don't care how often people post, and on which threads, or even if someone never posts - why does it matter? The forum will keep going as long as members want it to, and everyone is free to post or not post on whatever threads they want, or ignore them if they don't like them.
          Well said Katie. Well i look in when i can despite being a busy mum & i post on whatever threads that interest me & ignore ones that don't. I do contribute to another forum too but that does not stop me popping in here as some of my frienda on here are not over there.

But i would like to see some more input from the mods on this thread & on the forum in general. Its the people who post that makes this forum keep going although it would be nice if some new posters posted more.
          UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ed O'Gorman View Post
            For me, living in Canada,It is sometimes difficult to think of a thread that might be of interest to a Dub.I get my news about the Auld Sod from the Irish Independent on line,and I'm sure they don't print much of the everyday goings on in the country that would give me fodder for a comment.As a matter of fact,I wrote comething about life here in North America,and There was a criticism from someone that comments should be confined to Irish issues,places and happenings.It is very hard for someone who is 49 years out of the country to be up to speed on the everyday goings on in the Auld Sot.So what I do Is ,I peruse all threads,and the ones I find myself qualified or interested in I post an opinion,and sometimes I post a thread,However,I love being a member of the forum,and pass many an hour,and have many a laugh,at the posts and comments.
            Bad news for you Ed, the Indo site was changed around recently so that they can install a pay wall in the near future. I know most that browse it like myself won't be signing up too quickly to subscribe.

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
              Bad news for you Ed, the Indo site was changed around recently so that they can install a pay wall in the near future. I know most that browse it like myself won't be signing up too quickly to subscribe.
              Napper; They can shove it.I noticed in the last 3 months or so,when I open it or try to open an article,the page jumps all over the place.I was thinking of doing a bunk,and going to the Irish Times or RTE.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed O'Gorman View Post
                Napper; They can shove it.I noticed in the last 3 months or so,when I open it or try to open an article,the page jumps all over the place.I was thinking of doing a bunk,and going to the Irish Times or RTE.
                Yeah, I hate the new Indo format too, everyone that I know hates it, impossible to navigate at times. I use the Irish Times, RTE and theJournal.ie as well as the Indo. Most cary pretty similar stories but you get the odd nugget that the others chose not to report.

You might be able to read some articles on the Indo if they follow the format of the Telegraph pay wall which is suppose to be one of the options that they have under consideration, the Telegraph allows you to view 25 free articles a month.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar
                  hi all when you are on these papers do they have different topics for different pages
                  only the hank william one..........
                  Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post

only the hank william one..........
                    Funny..hee..hee...I have the RTE page on my computer, so I catch up with certain topics, but naturally I have a lot of interest in whats happening in Oz, and lots of other places, including America, England etc.This forum should fill the gaps and give us the banter and plenty of wit and craic..but it will need a lot of work. For those who only post on certain threads, I say if you log on and nothing is moving, have a go at other threads..you might find you get to like them..you can only try, and don't be afraid..dare I say, to go off topic. Shhh! don't say I told you.

Comment

Sure i think forums will last how can they not as long as people have the need to connect with each other

Comment

there is over 360 thousand hits on one thread.....that proves the forum has it's place on the internet....

Comment

First forum i was on quinner was in the late 70s and that was even before windows were invented....soon as online communication was invented people started chatting....now the most important thing to the upcoming generation is online communication and their communities on it....

Comment

Originally posted by Mykidsmom View Post
                            First forum i was on quinner was in the late 70s and that was even before windows were invented....soon as online communication was invented people started chatting....now the most important thing to the upcoming generation is online communication and their communities on it....

i started the geography cryptic thread recently......

there are 1500 hits.....whether that is one person lookin 1500 hundred times of more people looking less times.....is irrelevant.......

it is being looked at and some are trying to get the answers......as long as that happens.....i will post the quiz.....

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
                              there is over 360 thousand hits on one thread.....that proves the forum has it's place on the internet....
                              half of those are good morning..good evening..good gracious.

Comment

Originally posted by silver spoon View Post
                                half of those are good morning..good evening..good gracious.
                                i was referring to the pictures.....lol

Comment

Working...
                                X