• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1916 Easter Rising & Sandymount

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Fascinating stuff there mickjoe, I could watch these all day. I'm finding out a lot about Dublin, keep up the good work!

Comment

Originally posted by maire View Post
              Fascinating stuff there mickjoe, I could watch these all day. I'm finding out a lot about Dublin, keep up the good work!
              I am as well Maire. I find the History of Dublin quite facinating.. I just wish that some of my late Fathers family were still alive to tell me more of what life was like from 1915 to 1925 around Sandymount.

Comment

Originally posted by mickjoe View Post
                I am as well Maire. I find the History of Dublin quite facinating.. I just wish that some of my late Fathers family were still alive to tell me more of what life was like from 1915 to 1925 around Sandymount.
                They're great vids MJ, I looked through them all a while back, absolutely brill and rank with Eamon Mac's vids for info. Keep them going, they have a place in here.
                We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
                  They're great vids MJ, I looked through them all a while back, absolutely brill and rank with Eamon Mac's vids for info. Keep them going, they have a place in here.
                  I am in agreeance with you Noel..... At least this way if they were taken down on youtube there would still be seen on here.... And Yes Eamonn Mac's videos are great to see.... I have been looking at some of them. however as you know his vids are split up into bite size vids and there could be 4 or 5 in a set and I tend to forget exactly where they were located. So now I try and locate teh set before I start looking for his next set, then of couse I have to try and put them in the proper forum.

Comment

I am in agreeance with you Noel..... At least this way if they were taken down on youtube there would still be seen on here.... And Yes Eamonn Mac's videos are great to see.... I have been looking at some of them. however as you know his vids are split up into bite size vids and there could be 4 or 5 in a set and I tend to forget exactly where they were located. So now I try and locate teh set before I start looking for his next set, then of couse I have to try and put them in the proper forum.
                    That's right....!!! Long time ago I managed to get all Eamonn's stuff on one vid cassette .....wonder if they do a DVD now....must check. Your time and effort spent uploading....is well appreciated and I'm sure it will be for years to come....that's as long as Dave keeps paying the bills lol. Even then it would be cached by goolie I'm sure.
                    We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

The Pigeon House, Ringsend

The Pigeon House, Ringsend.

Comment

I am in agreeance with you Noel..... At least this way if they were taken down on youtube there would still be seen on here.... .
                        Unfortunately not the case MJ... if they vanished off YouTube they'd disappear here too at the same time...
                        Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
                          Unfortunately not the case MJ... if they vanished off YouTube they'd disappear here too at the same time...
                          Thanks for that bit of Info Cogito, I didn't know they would vanish if Youtube removed the original, I thought they would be safe on here. I think I had better save the videos to my hard drive and make a back up copy of them on to a DVD.

Comment

Thanks for that bit of Info Cogito, I didn't know they would vanish if Youtube removed the original, I thought they would be safe on here. I think I had better save the videos to my hard drive and make a back up copy of them on to a DVD.
                            Might be your best bet... when you post a video here its just a link to the original on YouTube.
                            Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Working...
                            X