This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of the original and toughest of the Squad... L-R;

Joe Leonard....Jim Slattery....Joe Dolan....Gearoid O'Sullivan....William Stapleton and Charlie Dalton (Emmets Brother).
    Attached Files
    We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Originally posted by Napper Tandy View Post
      Who was actually in "The Squad"? Reading V.Browne profile of Sean Lemass from 1969 he stated that Lemass was "reputed" to be a member? Was he? Do we actually have a list of the 12 members of the Squad and who conducted what killing?
      Hiya Napper...Be interested to know the context in which you link the two headings....'Psychopath' and 'Squad'.

Five of the original Twelve Apostles;
      Mick Mc Donnell. Tom Keogh. Vinnie Byrne. Paddy Daley. Jim Slattery.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
        Hiya Napper...Be interested to know the context in which you link the two headings....'Psychopath' and 'Squad'.
        Ask the mod who separated this thread from the Lennox Street thread DTW, I didn't create the title, they did.

Psychopath came up later in the thread because to commit cert deeds of violence the people with psychopath tendencies rise to the top.

Comment

Ask the mod who separated this thread from the Lennox Street thread DTW, I didn't create the title, they did.

Psychopath came up later in the thread because to commit cert deeds of violence the people with psychopath tendencies rise to the top.

Er... that'll be me...

Rebel Yell set up his thread for a very specific purpose... to gain information about the death of a young woman on Bloody Sunday - the thread went off on two diverging paths a couple of nights ago - The Squad - and soldiers who on active service come back with psychopathic tendencies... both are interesting topics in themselves - but I was knackered and going to bed - and the priority being to rescue the Lennox Street thread, I moved the off topic posts into a 'combined' thread -which is still a bit all over the place... so apologies to you prolific history posters - will do another 'repair' job over the weekend....

PS; The Squad and their activities during the Tan War (and the Civil War) are long overdue a thread of their own...
          Last edited by cogito; 15-12-2012, 04:21 AM.
          Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
            Er... that'll be me...

Rebel Yell set up his thread for a very specific purpose... to gain information about the death of a young woman on Bloody Sunday - the thread went off on two diverging paths a couple of nights ago - The Squad - and soldiers who on active service come back with psychopathic tendencies... both are interesting topics in themselves - but I was knackered and going to bed - and the priority being to rescue the Lennox Street, I moved the off topic posts into a 'combined' thread -which is still a bit all over the place... so apologies to you prolific history posters - will do another 'repair' job over the weekend....
            I propose one title

"Military Target Shooting 1844 to 1965"

Comment

I propose one title

Excellent suggestion... that should keep everyone happy...

Comment

I propose one title

If quinner and myself went off topic for a couple of posts it happened because I was asked for my opinion on how killing affected a soldier (mentally?) to which I responded.

Then quinner and myself exchanged a postor two about military target shooting.
                Last edited by Rashers; 15-12-2012, 10:28 AM.
                'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Thanks v much NT.....Went to add to your most interesting thread and 'there it was' 'gone'. Deplorable behaviour !!!! I'd ask for your subscription money back forthwith.

Perhaps future morphological tampering could be preceded with or include a heads up for the less observant among us aging mortals.

Furthermore, may I invite the morphologist in this instance to reply to my original question; In what context are the words 'Psychopath' and 'Squad' linked. In the same breath...I propose the thread heading be altered by removing the word Psychopath would solve half the problem.
                  Last edited by DAMNTHEWEATHER; 15-12-2012, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Thanks v much NT.....Went to add to your most interesting thread and 'there it was' 'gone'. Deplorable behaviour !!!! I'd ask for your subscription money back forthwith.

Perhaps future morphological tampering could be preceded with or include a heads up for the less observant among us aging mortals.

Furthermore, may I invite the morphologist in this instance to reply to my original question; In what context are the words 'Psychopath' and 'Squad' linked. In the same breath...I propose the thread heading be altered by removing the word Psychopath.
                    are you worried....????
                    Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
                      are you worried....????
                      I asked ye not te say anything.

Comment

Back to business.....Hit men...Seamus Robinson Sean Treacy Dan Breen who were included to help out Mick McDonnell's team for the go at Lord French at Ashtown, and Mick Brennan.
                        Trivia; Who was the odd man out in this pic ?.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Rare pic of three serious Squad Hit Men...
                          Charlie Dalton (brother of Emmet) left Tom Kehoe (half brother of Leader Mick McDonnell) and Ben Byrne.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Commandant Paddy Daley (ex Squad Commander (Leader). Inspects the Guard.
                            Attached Files

Comment

One of the original 12 Apostles ..
                              Comdt. Vincent Byrne, E Company, 2nd Battalion, Dublin Brigade, Old IRA.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Furthermore, may I invite the morphologist in this instance to reply to my original question; In what context are the words 'Psychopath' and 'Squad' linked. In the same breath...I propose the thread heading be altered by removing the word Psychopath would solve half the problem.
                                Thread renamed... and 'psychopath' posts moved to a new thread... so, half the problem solved... grump.

Back to business.....Hit men...Seamus Robinson Sean Treacy Dan Breen who were included to help out Mick McDonnell's team for the go at Lord French at Ashtown, and Mick Brennan.
                                Trivia; Who was the odd man out in this pic ?.
                                Sean Tracy ? He was shot dead by the Auxiliaries in Talbot Street - the other three survived the conflict...

Comment

Working...
                                X