X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Irish VCs

August 1881) and read:

War Office, August 24, 1881.
    THE Queen having been graciously pleased, by Warrant under Her Royal Sign Manual, bearing date the 6th of August, 1881, to direct that the decoration of the Victoria Cross shall be conferred on Members of the Indian Ecclesiastical Establishments who may be qualified to receive the same, in accordance with the rules and ordinances made and ordained for the government thereof, provided that it be established in any case that the person was serving under the orders of a General or other Officer in command of Troops in the Field when he performed the act of bravery for which it is proposed to confer the decoration :—

Her Majesty has accordingly been pleased to signify Her intention to confer this high distinction on the undermentioned gentleman, whose claim to the same has been submitted for Her Majesty's approval on account of his conspicuous bravery in Afghanistan as recorded against his name, Bengal Ecclesiastical Establishment, late Chaplain to the Kabul Field Force, The Reverend J. W. Adams

During the action at Killa Kazi, on the 11th December, 1879, some men of the 9th Lancers having fallen, with their horses, into a wide and deep "nullah" or ditch, and the enemy being close upon them, the Reverend J. W. Adams rushed into the water (which filled the ditch), dragged the horses from off the men upon whom they were lying, and extricated them, he being at the time under a heavy
    Last edited by jembo; 28-01-2021, 05:38 AM.
    I google because I'm not young enough to know everything.
    Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit

Originally posted by jembo View Post
    ...For the above actions the Adams was recommended for the VC by Lord Roberts...
    Robert's father was from Waterford... though born in India he (Lord Roberts) thought of himself as Irish.
    Everything is self-evident.

Comment

Originally posted by cogito View Post
      Robert's father was from Waterford... though born in India he (Lord Roberts) thought of himself as Irish.
      bob's.......
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

We all know this rubbish about paddys that fought for the british.........fathers,brothers, sons et all ...........when they should have being fighting for their own.
        " YOU WERE ALL THAT WE HAD ,YOUR MAMMY AND ME "

"YOU FOUGHT FOR THE WRONG COUNTRY , YOU FOUGHT THE WRONG CAUSE, WHEN THE GREATEST CAUSE OF ALL WAS AT ..........................HOME.

Comment

Originally posted by tolka1 View Post
          We all know this rubbish about paddys that fought for the british.........fathers,brothers, sons et all ...........when they should have being fighting for their own.
          " YOU WERE ALL THAT WE HAD ,YOUR MAMMY AND ME "

"YOU FOUGHT FOR THE WRONG COUNTRY , YOU FOUGHT THE WRONG CAUSE, WHEN THE GREATEST CAUSE OF ALL WAS AT ..........................HOME.

did you......?????

Comment

Originally posted by quinner View Post
            did you......?????
            Guess?

Comment

Guess?

not a thing to guess about......

i joined the army that would defend my family........even though they were not born then.......but my plans worked out.....

the old days were different.........

Comment

moderated post
                Last edited by Rashers; 05-07-2012, 01:34 AM.

Comment

Traitor
                  is that the statement of a hero......or a bystander......there are lots of bystanders in irish history........you recognise them by the noise they make........

Comment

Traitor
                    i do hope you are not living on land......stolen from another nation......

you cannot be a hero if that is the case........you can only be a baddie.....

Comment

is that the statement of a hero......or a bystander......there are lots of bystanders in irish history........you recognise them by the noise they make........
                      Well i can assure you that is not the rattle of a person who took up arms against their own(supposedly) people..................like you.

Comment

Well i can assure you that is not the rattle of a person who took up arms against their own(supposedly) people..................like you.
                        who are my people then.....that i took up arms against........

you of course.....let others steal the land.....and you occupied it........

why don't you give it back........

Comment

I stand and live on No land that was subjugated from native people.
                          I serve and would not serve in any nation that would subjugate this native people, you on the other hand would,could, and have served with a people who would ,could and DO subjugate a people and what makes it worse it that it is your own people of birth............go bury your head in the sand as you are an excuse for an irishman......i am ashamed of people like you who dont have the guts to say you took the shilling.

Moderator edit: WARNING. An Infraction or possible ban will follow if you continue insulting a fellow poster!
                          Last edited by Rashers; 05-07-2012, 01:38 AM.

Comment

I stand and live on No land that was subjugated from native people.
                            I serve and would not serve in any nation that would subjugate this native people, you on the other hand would,could, and have served with a people who would ,could and DO subjugate a people and what makes it worse it that it is your own people of birth............go bury your head in the sand as you are an excuse for an irishman......i am ashamed of people like you who dont have the guts to say you took the shilling.

well, while you are living (on land stolen from another nation) your sad miserable hate filled life...........where i am.....there's no business like show business.........

no doubt, you have earned the irish equivelent of the vc.............while i only earned the irish.........medal for clergy rape........and the order of the empty belly.......my mam earned the order of.........feck off you magdelene bastards........

Comment

well, while you are living (on land stolen from another nation) your sad miserable hate filled life...........where i am.....there's no business like show business.........

no doubt, you have earned the irish equivelent of the vc.............while i only earned the irish.........medal for clergy rape........and the order of the empty belly.......my mam earned the order of.........feck off you magdelene bastards........
                              God, bless you and keep you my my son but tolka 1 does not own this land ............. i rent it....i am happy to tell you that i support my native(indian) council here and RENT the land from them..........p.s they love irish people for they understand the problems of the irish as they went through the same problems with the SAME bastards themselves. lol

Comment

Working...
                              X