Finglas in a Nutshell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quinner View Post
    my sister lived in Finglas in 1962....she ran away dragging the kids to London.....and never went back...
    did the kids not want to go ?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post

they were carrying the heavy cases,,,,
      Here Rex!!!...Here Rex!!!.....Wuff!!!....... Wuff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Slow Motion View Post
        I'm sick of these bloody stereotypes, just because Finglas has a bad reputation, get your facts straight before commenting, nobody cleans the weapons!
        I won't axe again.........
        We'll sail be the tide....aarghhhh !!

Comment

Originally posted by DAMNTHEWEATHER View Post
          I won't axe again.........

reading magazines....has a new meaning......

and the average family has 7.62 children....

Comment

Jez yiz are harsh, I'd say most of the people living in Finglas are decent law abiding citizens, I loved Finglas when I lived there, from 1952-1958, now it was still a fairly new place, but there were some lovely people there then!

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles View Post

bo....my sister came back from London when her husband was doing his National Service in the British Army......he spent all his service in Kenya and Kuwait......when he came back he got a job in the CIE but was not happy there....so they moved back to London......

my sister worked for Yaffe's in Mount Brown......as she had the young kids they brought the work to her and she did it at home.....they both had fairly good jobs.....

Comment

Originally posted by maire View Post
                Jez yiz are harsh, I'd say most of the people living in Finglas are decent law abiding citizens, I loved Finglas when I lived there, from 1952-1958, now it was still a fairly new place, but there were some lovely people there then!
                Dead on there marie.It WAS a great place in the old days but when I went back home to visit in the late 70s I went to visit a friend of mine in finglas with two of my buddies and I couldn't believe when my pal kept telling one of his kids to keep watching the car outside the door to see if it was still there,honest to god.
                One of my buddies with me told me that kids pushed HIS car from outside the same house when he was visiting and set it on fire just for badness at the end of the street.Bad news when you are told not to drive through parts of it at night,same for ballymun.....Sad indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by tolka1 View Post
                  Dead on there marie.It WAS a great place in the old days but when I went back home to visit in the late 70s I went to visit a friend of mine in finglas with two of my buddies and I couldn't believe when my pal kept telling one of his kids to keep watching the car outside the door to see if it was still there,honest to god.
                  One of my buddies with me told me that kids pushed HIS car from outside the same house when he was visiting and set it on fire just for badness at the end of the street.Bad news when you are told not to drive through parts of it at night,same for ballymun.....Sad indeed.
                  Ballymun as it was years ago is gone. I mean really gone. The flats have been demolished and imploded and only two blocks stand, both empty. I don't know of any part of Ballymun where you could not drive at night.

Ballymun is now an area of houses and apartments.

I worked part time as a security guard in Ballymun Shopping Centre and used to wonder who the media were talking about when they wrote such negative stuff about that area. I never had any real trouble there, and indeed could walk through the area after dark in my security guard's uniform and was never approached by anyone.

Recently I had a chat with an inspector from the new Garda station. During the conversation he mentioned that gardai love to be assigned to Ballymun because it has such a low incidence of crime.
                  'Never look down on a person unless you're helping them up'.

Comment

Originally posted by Rashers View Post
                    Ballymun as it was years ago is gone. I mean really gone. The flats have been demolished and imploded and only two blocks stand, both empty. I don't know of any part of Ballymun where you could not drive at night.

I worked part time as a security guard in Ballymun Shopping Centre and used to wonder who the media were talking about when they wrote such negative stuff about that area. I never had any real trouble there, and indeed could walk through the area after dark in my security guard's uniform and was never approached by anyone.

Recently I had a chat with an inspector from the new Garda station. During the conversation he mentioned that gardai love to be assigned to Ballymun because it has such a low incidence of crime.
                    Its great to hear that .

Comment

Ballymun because it has such a low incidence of crime.
                      Indeed, I grew up in Finglas in the 70s and 80s and spent my summers in Ballymun with my sister because my best friend lived next door to her, what you see today in both areas bears little resemblance to what you saw then!

Comment

Thats nice to hear such positive comments about Ballymun.
                        UP THE DUBS!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X