Dublinforum.net - Forum  

Go Back   Dublinforum.net - Forum > Dublin Areas > West County

Old 21-09-2014, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erin View Post
Some day someone on this forum might realise that Clonalkin is not in Co Dublin.....

And they might give them their own forum.....Clondalkin is Dublin 22.
Thats right Erin, clondalkin was dublin 18 & changed to Dublin 22 in the 80's. I know this through my friends in school talking about it & my late Dad who was a postman. He was always full of info about postcode changes in Dub.

Tallaght, Clondalkin & other areas like that are Southwest Dublin. Maybe the mods can amend the forum records to reflect this.
Old 30-09-2014, 02:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzieq View Post
Thats right Erin, clondalkin was dublin 18 & changed to Dublin 22 in the 80's. I know this through my friends in school talking about it & my late Dad who was a postman. He was always full of info about postcode changes in Dub.

Tallaght, Clondalkin & other areas like that are Southwest Dublin. Maybe the mods can amend the forum records to reflect this.
Any chance North Co Dublin or Fingal could have its own section when the forum boundary for Clondalkin is decided.

Its a substantial area of Dublin to be lumped in with the rest of Dublin County. Ta
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 02-10-2014, 02:55 AM
Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napper Tandy View Post
Any chance North Co Dublin or Fingal could have its own section when the forum boundary for Clondalkin is decided.

Its a substantial area of Dublin to be lumped in with the rest of Dublin County. Ta
Yeah... and don't forget Meath.
Old 23-09-2015, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoney View Post
I lived in Clondalkin in the 60s. I think The Village Inn was originally The Central. Healy's, with their famous chicken in the rough, is further behind The Village Inn. I notice one person danced in The Mayfair and another in The Castaways. This dancehall was continually losing it's licence due to fighting, but at the time all you had to do to re-open was rename it. I think The El Morocco was another name used. Anybody know of any more?
The Parish Priest in the photo with the kids was Monsignor O Regan, so I imagine the picture dates to the mid 60s, if that's of any help
I went to school in Clondalkin in the 60's. I remember all those places and the Monsignor!
Old 23-09-2015, 09:16 PM

Mary Brigid,
I was in Miss Clifford's class from 1960 to1961(Second Class). She was lovely. I heard afterwards from another teacher, Miss Cusack, that she and her husband had emigrated to Australia.